Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Bands Want To Share A Monthly Rehearsal Room In Volt Studios Dublin 1?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hows it going,currently looking for a new rehearsal room for our band...

the one appealing seems to be volt studios in Dublin 1/3.

were a rather large band so we'd need a rather large room!

ive been quoted around 450 a month for 24/7 access and leave your gear locked within the room,just wondering would any bands be willing to share the room with us?

the price we pay is negotiable as in,it doesnt have to be a 50/50 split between the 2 bands....

if your interested give us a PM and im sure we can arrange something,hopefully get on a friendly basis and be able to share each others amps,equipment etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

actually..scrap that! just made a phonecall and thats not how the sharing works!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

what you mean? your not allowed to share? my old band does it. they may tell you you cant but 450 is alot in times like these

well if the room was 450,it cant be shared between two bands who pay 225 each,it will cost both 450!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoTalesofWoe

well if the room was 450,it cant be shared between two bands who pay 225 each,it will cost both 450!

We have been jammin in volt for over two years, after spending years in nearly every place in Dublin ye wont get a better studio. Plus I noticed you didnt mention the size of the room, the 450 rooms which we are in one of the 3 there, are very large rooms, and usually just for 2 bands which would work out at 450 each band, but it is possible to take the overall cost and split it 3 ways which would be 300 each, but again that depends on the ban your moving in with and how many bands they want to share with. I wouldnt like someone to be posting on here to try get another band in without consulting the band who are there before you, because at the ens of the day, there is a lot in the rooms belonging to bands, equipment, recording gear and so forth. All the bands in there work off respect and get along with each other, gives for a great environment and gig networking, ye would be passing down a great opportunity....and trust me, you get another place like it!

We have been jammin in volt for over two years, after spending years in nearly every place in Dublin ye wont get a better studio. Plus I noticed you didnt mention the size of the room, the 450 rooms which we are in one of the 3 there, are very large rooms, and usually just for 2 bands which would work out at 450 each band, but it is possible to take the overall cost and split it 3 ways which would be 300 each, but again that depends on the ban your moving in with and how many bands they want to share with. I wouldnt like someone to be posting on here to try get another band in without consulting the band who are there before you, because at the ens of the day, there is a lot in the rooms belonging to bands, equipment, recording gear and so forth. All the bands in there work off respect and get along with each other, gives for a great environment and gig networking, ye would be passing down a great opportunity....and trust me, you get another place like it!

appreciate the info,i asked could you get bands in to split the rent and i was told thats not how it works? maybe there stopping that now? he said the only rooms you can do that with are the ones in the other building that cost four hundred a month and are quite frankly shockingly small how sure are you of the 3 band thing? the room we were looking at is free at the moment,so i wasnt trying to get another band in without consulting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Where exactly are Volt studios...it just says 5 mins from Connolly Station? But sure there are alot of places 5 mins from Connolly Station...they could do with a little map or something:confused:

Is it the same area as Apple Rock or where the Underground used to be?

its actually about 15 or 20 minutes from connolly,walking anyways,its a turn off the main road,just at the post office over the canal bridge,then walk about 5 minutes down the ossary road,pretty hard to find for someone who doesnt know the area too well

its actually about 15 or 20 minutes from connolly,walking anyways,its a turn off the main road,just at the post office over the canal bridge,then walk about 5 minutes down the ossary road,pretty hard to find for someone who doesnt know the area too well

Cheers mate! From what i'm reading here seems like its worth checking the place out...might take a stroll down that way tomorrow.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 VoltStudios

Hi guys,

There seems to be a bit of confusion about prices etc at Volt Studios. We have 31 rooms spread out over 12,000 sq ft. The prices are as follows:

Smaller rooms (140-170sq ft) are 250,360 and 400euro. This is total price of a room and you have it all to yourself.

Larger rooms (240-320sq ft) are 700 and 900 euro. This is total price of a room. We usually rent out half of the room and put you with another band so it cost 350-450 per band. However, you could rent out complete room and share it with as many of your mates' bands as you like.

The prices above include all utilities (electricity, wifi, parking, tea and coffee) so that is all you pay. There is no deposit and you are not tied down to any contract. You just pay by the month. You can jam 24hrs a day and there is a kitchen with cooking facilities and hangout area with tv and playstation. And you can decorate your room whatever way you want.

I hope this clarifies things. If you want to come down to check out the place just give me a call on 086 378 5228 to arrange a time to meet. Viewings are strictly by appointment only.

Cheers,
    Mark

Video Tour of Volt:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=164809516895083&comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

DrFroggies wrote: »
    Where exactly are Volt studios...it just says 5 mins from Connolly Station? But sure there are alot of places 5 mins from Connolly Station...they could do with a little map or something:confused:

Is it the same area as Apple Rock or where the Underground used to be?

Yeah, the location info is a bit on the weak side, to say the least. "Volt" are on Ossory Rd (off the Nth Strand) in a small industrial estate. Basically, if you came out of Connolly Station you would turn right, up past the "Five Lamps", then turn right at the bridge over the railway. Follow the railway wall down the hill, to where the road takes a sharp left turn. The industrial estate entrance is on the right, and "Volt" are down about fifty metres on the left. It would be five minutes from Connolly by car, but more like fifteen walking.

• Advertisement

Rigsby wrote: »
    Yeah, the location info is a bit on the weak side, to say the least. "Volt" are on Ossory Rd (off the Nth Strand) in a small industrial estate. Basically, if you came out of Connolly Station you would turn right, up past the "Five Lamps", then turn right at the bridge over the railway. Follow the railway wall down the hill, to where the road takes a sharp left turn. The industrial estate entrance is on the right, and "Volt" are down about fifty metres on the left. It would be five minutes from Connolly by car, but more like fifteen walking.

Cheers for that..gonna have a look on google maps as well:)

Advertisement