Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype and realtek audio problem

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello
    I've just bought a new netbook all working perfectly except for speaker usage with skype - there is a really strong crackling noise when receiving a call from someone, speakers are working fine otherwise with music etc, in fact they are a lot better than I was expecting but whatever it is with skype I can't really hear anyone properly because of this crackling interference. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears :-) thanks so much.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have you got headphones plugged in at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Hello
    I've just bought a new netbook all working perfectly except for speaker usage with skype - there is a really strong crackling noise when receiving a call from someone, speakers are working fine otherwise with music etc, in fact they are a lot better than I was expecting but whatever it is with skype I can't really hear anyone properly because of this crackling interference. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears :-) thanks so much.

I had the same issue on an acer one laptop. Lauching Skype would cause the laptop to blue screen. After removing the audio driver (realtek) and installing a different realtek driver i got the crackling noise in Skype. After a bit of trial and error with realtek drivers i found the correct one - Sorry i can't remember which one it was though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭taibhse1966

thanks belfunk - will commence the trial and error, not looking forward to this :( thanks mp22 no - no headphones in - crackle is also there with headphones in skype only.

Advertisement