Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Frozen Meal Deal €5, Pizza, McCain Oven Chips & Hagen Daz for only €5

Options
  • 04-07-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Tesco's have a frozen meal deal starting from tomorrow for

1 X Tesco Pizzeria Pizza (multiple types available) cost approx €2.69
    1 x McCain Oven Chips 1Kg cost approx €2.39
    1 x Hagen Daz Icecream 500gm cost approx €5.35

all for just €5

Seems like a fairly decent deal to me.

mainbanner-2011-wk19-frozen_v3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Had a quick look in Tesco in Rathmines but I didn't see that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

Tesco made it back in the clothes department, when you have to buy 1 size larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

looks like a good deal OP cheers
    as for the above post :confused:

Just sayin, those three items seem unhealthy and may not be good long term value with regards to ones health.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah move on for God's sake. It's a good deal and will do feck all to your health if you get one or two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

davehey79 wrote: »
    looks like a good deal OP cheers
    as for the above post :confused:

Do you not get jokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

cianof wrote: »
    Just sayin, those three items seem unhealthy and may not be good long term value with regards to ones health.

Bah, that's my breakfast sorted for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Moderation is the key.
    A little of what you like won't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

noodler wrote: »
    Do you not get jokes?

i get jokes alright jsut hadnt a clue what he was on about !!
    its a BA thread not a health and nutrition thread after all

Whatever about the health issue. ( I was just joking about that btw, since it was an offer of 3 items that would generally be considered unhealthy, i thought it was funny. Obviously, in moderation all these things are fine.)

IMHO ice creams, chips, frozen pizzas seem to be permanently reduced in the main super markets at the moment. Consequently, in relative terms I don't think it's that great of a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Isn't that particular Ice Cream over 5euro on its own anyway?
    If so its a very good bargain IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Just got that offer today in Bettystown, Co. Meath. Kids having friends over tea & treat sorted

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Saw this in Tesco Dundalk but didn't get it. Noticed that I couldn't find McCains Rustic Chips though, but there were McCains Oven Chips which probably would have worked instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Make sure your ice cream does not have loads of ice crystals on the outside, this is meant to be a sign that it defrosted and was refrozen. In supermarkets they often have stuff standing around for ages before putting it in the freezers, which are often not very cold anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Great deal Thanks OP..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Spotted this in Tesco Mahon Point today - was in one of the freezer sections on the end of an aisle (all items in the one freezer)
    List price was 5.35 for the 500 ml icecream (a bit steep really), 2.69 for the Tesco own-brand Stonebaked pizza (looks nice - sweet chilli chicken, BBQ chicken and some other flavour was all I saw), and 2.39 for McCains rustic oven chips (1kg). For €5 that's a good deal though.

You could probably find a wider variety of the pizzas and the icecream in the "main" freezers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

rubadub wrote: »
    Make sure your ice cream does not have loads of ice crystals on the outside, this is meant to be a sign that it defrosted and was refrozen. In supermarkets they often have stuff standing around for ages before putting it in the freezers, which are often not very cold anyway.

Very good point. The sold off ice-cream often has ice in it, I'd prefer to pay full whack for the good stuff TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bkeano

the Deal runs until end of July If you were to buy them seperate the would cost excess €10. Haagen Dazs cost €5.35 normally i think its a cracking deal. The Chilli Chicken is a great Pizza prob one of the best out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

I've never tried a frozen pizza before, how does it compare to the non-frozen ones from the refrigerated section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bkeano wrote: »
    the Deal runs until end of July .
    If people register with tesco.ie you can see all current deals (100's of them) and you can select them by category, and it tells you when all the deals end -well worth signing up. There are loads of pretty good deals never posted here, only the very good ones tend to be posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bkeano

Seems to be on all flavous!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Not a bad deal but im loathe to venture into Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭pinky 06

I got it today in Fundalk and had it for tea. Got the pralines and cream icecream-it was delish! I polished off the whole tub. Still welded to the couch after it. Yum yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Got it last night, very tasty treat for €5! Got the strawberry cheesecake ice cream, delish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Whatever about the health issue. ( I was just joking about that btw, since it was an offer of 3 items that would generally be considered unhealthy, i thought it was funny. Obviously, in moderation all these things are fine.)

IMHO ice creams, chips, frozen pizzas seem to be permanently reduced in the main super markets at the moment. Consequently, in relative terms I don't think it's that great of a bargain.

Shops should be promoting healthy foods. Moderation. Exactly. If there is pizza on the offer add fresh salads with it instead of chips..and ice cream on top of it ? :eek:
    It's more like a punishment for your body not a treat ;)

Advertisement