Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoreline study

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi, I am doing a shoreline/beach study at enniscrone,sligo with aspergers kid during the summer...But i have no idea where to start and what to look for, i need to do some planning..Would anyone have a list or a guide they can recommend?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I would be tempted to get my hands on: Charlton, R. and Orford, J. (2002) Managing Fluvial and Coastal Environments. Newtownards, Colourpoint. Are you looking to just describing the general physical environment (i.e. the geomorphology)?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I will just be exploring rock pools, sea weed types, similar to a field trip in geography at Junior Cert level.. I just want to be prepared for the dozens of questions and unfamiliar creatures i will encounter.What creatures live in rock pools, types of crabs, anaemones, shellfish etc..I have used google but its not showing up anything thats easy to read.. It wont be anything too academic as he is only 13...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

This might be useful to you then, and this document and this document might be handy for dipping in and out of. There's a great strategic environmental assessment done for Clare County Council: Brady Shipman Martin, 2008. Clare County Council & Ennis Town Council appropriate assessment: in association with the Ennis and environs development plan 2008-2014 and Strategic environmental assessment / Ennis Town Council and Clare County Council. Ennis: Clare County Council. It's handy because the flora and fauna are fairly cosmopolitan (i.e. they won't differ too much from the Clare coast to the Sligo coast. This is definitely worth having a look into, it's a report so no heavy reading involved it just lays out what you would expect to find.

Advertisement