Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn CDs To Laptop

Options
  • 04-07-2011 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a number of CDs which I wish to burn to my laptop - (I may put these on an ipod later).
    1 How do I do this - is Apple i-tunes the most popular method?
    2 Can i download iTunes for free?
    3 A friend said that i-tunes really slows the speed of laptop is this true?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i use an application called cdex - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks for reply - i have used i tunes before and its very user friendly - is CDex user friendly? If I install this will I be able to transfer the music files to an ipod in the future. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i dont like the itunes interface, i find it very slow and i find it very restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

When ripping cds I've always just used Windows Media Player set to MP3 rip. The only time it's ever been a problem is when the software misidentifies an album then the tracks will be tagged wrong. This happens to maybe one in fifty cds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks does CDex and Windows Media allow me to transfer the burnt CD onto an apple ipod in the future?

• Advertisement
Advertisement