Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arabian Shows?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I'm just doing a bit of research at the moment, and I'm wondering if anyone on here can tell me of some arabian shows (or shows that have arabian classes - either halter or ridden) that may happen around the country.

I'm looking to breed my arabian in around 2/3 years time and I would like to compete the foal - especially if it's a colt - in halter and ridden classes to get a show record up when it's ready.

I can't seem to find any shows that take place in Ireland, I know of a yard near Maynooth who holds one but that is the only show I have found.

So any help would be appreciated, even if there are any shows that do an arabian class. my girl is AHS registered if that helps. Any foals from her will be by an arabian stallion so foals will be AHS registered as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Clonaslee have in-hand classes for pure bred and part bred Arabs. It is the only show in the country that I know of that holds Arab classes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sidesaddle

Equifestival Of Ireland has Arab classes every year ..but you have missed it for this year as it was on July 2nd .. Here is the website address for next year www.equifestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Thanks to both of you, my girl isn't much of a poser - she doesn't understand that I want her to stand still, so that may be of a disadvantage to use if we show in hand, I may work on her though if I can collect information on a few shows around the place though.

PLus I don't care if she makes a fool of me I'll be proud of her regardless!

That second show the Equifest of Ireland has both inhand mares and ridden arab - hmmm may enter one or both next year need to read the rules regarding that. Where is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

Unfortunately you are in the wrong country to breed an Arab for showing. There is very little on for them bar whats been mentioned already. They do make nice cross breds though so unless you specifically wanted an Arab a cross bred has more purpose. Also if circumstances change an Anglo Arab or part bred is much more marketable.

xxkarenxx wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are in the wrong country to breed an Arab for showing. There is very little on for them bar whats been mentioned already. They do make nice cross breds though so unless you specifically wanted an Arab a cross bred has more purpose. Also if circumstances change an Anglo Arab or part bred is much more marketable.

I personally love the arabian breed, which is why it's such a problem when trying to show them as an arabian. My mare has showjumped in SJAI competitions where breed doesn't come into it, but she has never competeted against other arabians nor have myself even been to one! I'd love to just see one myself never mind compete my mare in it.
    If I was breeding her, I wouldn't be interested in a part arab really, i'd much prefer a full breed arab, I find that the arabs are getting a bit more popular with a few more people looking for one.

That being said when I breed my mare I will be more financially stable so I may look into competeing her foal abroad in England and in other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

Have you seen the arab freestlye class they have over in America? - Wish we had that here! Are Tanzanite Arabs holding their show again this year? Would love to bring my mare to a class too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

look up Scottsdales Arab Show Liberty Finals on you-tube. Sorry haven't a clue how to put up a proper link!

eorna wrote: »
    Have you seen the arab freestlye class they have over in America? - Wish we had that here! Are Tanzanite Arabs holding their show again this year? Would love to bring my mare to a class too.:)

I'm bringing my mare to that show, she's not at all ready but I'm going to show her in hand regardless just for experience, she doesn't pose but she has amazing movement so hopefully when showing her in hand she'll compensate for her inability to stand still :rolleyes:

I'm going to enter her into in hand mare and ridden arab if all goes well.

Have you any details on the show? if so PM me!

Advertisement