Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

files automatically converted on my multimedia hard drive?!?!?!

Options
  • 04-07-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

i have a 1tb multimedia hard drive and i recently got a new laptop,so when i hooked the hd up to the laptop it automatically converted the movie files to a format that wont play on the tv when the hd box is hooked up.any one any ideas how to get them back playing without having to buy a converter?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sounds like the laptop changed the default player for the files.what format were the files,and what are they now?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

mp22 wrote: »
    Sounds like the laptop changed the default player for the files.what format were the files,and what are they now?
    they were mpeg now avi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Ok pick one file on your hd and try this,right click on the file-properties-top line where it says whatever.avi change the avi to mpeg.The line now should read whatever.mpeg-hit ok (bottom of window)try and play the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Or you could try updating the firmware on your HD box(What is it ?), AVI is a widely used file type and nearly all media players should be able to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

Big Lar wrote: »
    Or you could try updating the firmware on your HD box(What is it ?), AVI is a widely used file type and nearly all media players should be able to handle it.
    how do i do that

• Advertisement
Advertisement