Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is this building?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Looks like an old warehouse, but doesn't seem to have any doors or windows. It's at the bridge at Heuston/corner of Parkgate Street. It has a lovely curve to it. Anyone getting the Luas at Heuston gets to see it from both sides

Is it empty? who owns it? Why isn't it in use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that link is Cape town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Last time I checked, South Africa wasn't in Dublin City?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Damn google maps! does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

it has a sign on it "www.homefocus.ie",so is it a warehouse for Hickey's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hickey's Home Focus (the drapery crowd)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

If you look closely on the building, you can see there is a planning application on the wall -- I traced this on the dublin city council site -- and found this, which suggests they're planning to turn it into offices, and that it is owned by a "Corcoran Chemicals Ltd"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Wrong building maggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Wrong building maggy.

Oh yeah - I was looking on the wrong side of the road -- the planning app in question is this one -- which does say "Hickey & Company Ltd".

Sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I worked near there when that planning application went in. Big news at the time but now it's got two chances of ever happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

bit of an eye sore on the road side of the building, but the river side view of the place isn't too bad..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Looks like an old warehouse, but doesn't seem to have any doors or windows.
    It was originally the Phoenix Iron Works. The neighbouring Luas bridge was cast there.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

The other side of it is listed I believe, well the turrets and river curves.. doesn't matter anymore anyway, as there'll be no development on this site for the forseeable.. Nice location for an open air market tho, esp as it's close to Heuston, the Museum and the Luas.. You can imagine each unit opened up on selling their wares..

Advertisement