Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCENR Strategy: Have your say.

Options
  • 04-07-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

STATEMENT OF STRATEGY 2011-2013

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
    Under the provisions of the Public Service Management Act, 1997, all Government Departments and certain Scheduled Offices are currently preparing their Statements of Strategy for the period 2011-2013. Statements of Strategy set out the high level goals and objectives of Departments / Offices, as well as the strategies to be used to achieve them. The Statements also provide information on how each organisation will monitor progress in achieving its goals by identifying measurable outputs, outcomes and performance indicators.To assist the Department of Communication, Energy and Natural Resources in defining our strategic vision for the next three years, interested parties (e.g. customers, user groups, professional, trade and other organisations, private firms, service users, and individuals) are now invited to submit their views on the shape and content of the new Statements of Strategy.
    All submissions should be forwarded by 5.30pm on Monday 18th July, 2011 to
    John Donohoe,
    Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources,
    Elm House,
    Earlsvale Rd.,
    Cavan.
    Email John.Donohoe@dcenr.gov.ie
    http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/Corporate+Units/Change+and+Modernisation/Strategic+Change/Consultation+Statement+of+Strategy+2011-2013.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I imagine, put fibre everywhere will be turned down due to costs and will make up 90% of suggestions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

thebman wrote: »
    I imagine, put fibre everywhere will be turned down due to costs and will make up 90% of suggestions :P

Fibre everywhere is the only viable solution , all these 3G and 4G ideas are just interim steps on the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

thebman wrote: »

The guys whispering in the ministers ear won't be suggesting fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭clohamon

There'll be a lot of "facilitating" this and that, "reflecting needs", "participating" and "encouraging". They'll be "maximising synergies", formulating policy guidelines, conducting "structured exercises" that will be "interdisciplinary" and "collaborative". Interventions and legislation will be "appropriate", the effectiveness of the Regulator will be "enabled" and "supported", his actions will be "underpinned" and stakeholders will be "engaged"

If there's one concrete goal with a deadline and a credible means of measurement, I'll eat my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

clohamon wrote: »

If there's one concrete goal with a deadline and a credible means of measurement, I'll eat my car.

I hope you have the salt and pepper ready...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The guys whispering in the ministers ear won't be suggesting fibre

They will probably suggest we try to send data down grass because we have loads of it. Lets blow the budget on R&D on this and say we are investing in the smart economy :D

Out of interest, does anybody know why the DCENR tend to not want to solve the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Civil Servants might have shares in Mobile phone Companies? Makes more sense than any other theory.

Advertisement