Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker bonanza on Eurosport

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Starting this Thurs there will be 18 days of live snooker action on Eurosport.
    It begins in Wuxi city China with the Wuxi invitational event, then its on to Bangkok Thailand for the long awaited return of the Snooker World Cup, from there its on to Bendigo Austrailia for the first ever ranking event in Austrailia 'The Goldfields Open'

Irish interest will be in two of these events, in the World Cup, the Rep Of Ireland team will be made up of Ken Doherty and Fergal O'Brien, these two guys along with Stephen Murphy reached the final of the last World Cup in '96 so here's hoping they can go one better.

Doherty then will be the lone Irishman in Bendigo where he plays Stephen Maguire in the first round proper, although a long way from home,Ken will still have plenty of local support as his wifes family are from nearby Melbourne.

18 days of live snooker and it's only July!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snooker147

Will we get proper coverage of these three events though, I find that EuroSport usually cut off at vital times, I remember watching a match last year it may have been The UK Championships where John Higgins was in a deciding frame of the match and with only 3 reds and the colours left on the table the feed cut off for the tennis!

It took me about 10 minutes to find another feed, by that time the frame was over and it took me an additional 20 minutes to find out who won that frame. (Saying that is was before World Snookers live scoring)

I just read this on another snooker forum;
    According to their schedules Eurosport will not be showing the semi-finals or final live of this tournament, nor half of the quarter-finals. Will only be a 60-minute highlights show for final later in the evening. It makes watching the rest of the tournament a bit pointless, if you arent going to see the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

snooker147 wrote: »
    I just read this on another snooker forum;
    According to their schedules Eurosport will not be showing the semi-finals or final live of this tournament, nor half of the quarter-finals. Will only be a 60-minute highlights show for final later in the evening. It makes watching the rest of the tournament a bit pointless, if you arent going to see the end.

Eurosport will show continious live coverage from thursday until sunday of the event including the final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Hi
    The coverage I posted earlier was for the Wuxi Invitational event starting this Thurs until Sunday.
    Regarding the World Cup there are conflicting reports re the televised schedule,but I emailed Dave Hendon as he'll be one of the commentators when the tournament starts on Monday and he had assured that there will be live snooker each morning throughout the tournament to include the quaters the semis and final.
    The Austrailian Open will have full coverage also,most of the matches will be in the early hours as Bendigo is 9 hours ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 allOtherPlaces

Skipping forward on Sky+ is revealing an absolute BONANZA of live snooker coverage. :D

... now if only I didn't have to work... and sleep....

Advertisement