Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fermenting grape juice

Options
  • 04-07-2011 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

hi all
    i am in the process of fermenting 4 1/2 litres of grape juice, one cup of strong tea. one teaspoon youngs cider yeast,100mls of honey,sg of 1070.
    my question is has anybody done this before and what can i expect i mean am i going to end up with yucky fermented grape juice or some sort of wine any replies will be greatfully accepted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

heno55 wrote: »
    hi all
    i am in the process of fermenting 4 1/2 litres of grape juice, one cup of strong tea. one teaspoon youngs cider yeast,100mls of honey,sg of 1070.
    my question is has anybody done this before and what can i expect i mean am i going to end up with yucky fermented grape juice or some sort of wine any replies will be greatfully accepted

I did 50/50 apple and grape. Didn't carbonate it and it came out surprisingly drinkable. I plan to do a turbo wine with some of the rest of it (I have 18 litres left) just as soon as I free up some bottles.

Advertisement