Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K Masada Upgrade Help

Options
  • 04-07-2011 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey guys!

I've just purchased a gun (the A&K masada) and have decided to upgrade it myself and have a few questions. I have so far upgraded the barrel, hop up rubber and motor. I also plan to reshim the gears and change the spring.

The masada has been rumoured to have very bad airseal problems to do with the piston O ring. I've read about this and would like to ask will replacing the piston head likely fix this problem?

Second question, if so, which piston head would be a good choice to install?

Thirdly, I have read that the O ring on the cylinder may also cause problems. Is this the same O ring they are talking about? If not, will I have to replace the cylinder too or can I just replace the O ring and where would I get a replacement?

Thanks for your help! Hope I dont seem too dumb!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Personally, I've not heard any of the airseal problems with the A&K Masada that you mentioned, so can't comment on the validity of those. However, if you're looking to get a much better air seal, then all you have to do is treat/replace the O-rings on the piston, and on the cylinder head. The parts themselves don't need to change, unless there's something seriously wrong.

Why do you want to change the spring? Are you firing over the limit, under the limit or other (not firing)? Basically I'm asking what your goals are with these upgrades.

There is an ethos around Airsoft which basically says "Upgrade everything", whereas unless you have a specific purpose/design in doing so, there really is little to no point. The main reasons for upgrading:
    - More power (irrelevant in Ireland)
    - Increase shot-to-shot consistency (barrel, hop, air seal)
    - Increase ROF (Gears, Motor, MOSFET, possibly different batteries etc)
    - Increase Trigger response (Motor, MOSFET etc)
    - Aesthetic (Body/furniture kits)

If it shoots well enough for your standards, and there's nothing specific you hope to achieve...I sincerely would recommend not bothering

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ConorNXD

Thanks for your recommendation although I do have goals for upgrading. I am changing the spring as it is firing slightly over the limit at the moment. I have been told to fix the problems with the airseal quickly, however I may just see for how long I can last without it or if there is any problems with FPS.

Also, Im planning to shim them as the gun is from china and as you probably know, they're not known for their good shimming. Plus it will give my experience. Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement