Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Bands still going in longford?

Options
  • 03-07-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Are there any bands still going in Longford?

Im thinking of starting up some gigs Im fairly certain of the headliners but I need local bands to open...

Anyone still around and up for a gig?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ArdRi79

50 views and no word?

I want to run gigs here lads and if the bands are good Ive mates running gigs in Dublin and Kildare whod book yiz. The venues here crying out for musicians and the musicians are just sittin at home with cans... Surely to god some of yeh can still play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Sorry . .not a musician meself . .though I can easily clear a pub doing my wobbly acoustic Neil Young thingy . .if I've enough drink taken . ;)

I think the general consensus among musicians might be that the publicans, who lets face it have the live music scene in Longford, held firmly by the gonads, wont pay a decent three or four piece band sufficiently for their efforts . .I mean lads I know who have been in bands for years would nearly play for nothing but then some of the publicans have no real appreciation & end up treating them pretty sh1ty either way.

You also have to factor in that a lot of musicians (as you probably know already) are not the most reliable of creatures . .This chap who's also from the town, has been trying to get a band together since February.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056193034

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Having played in bands around Longford, I'd never do it again. The prices publicans are willing to pay may be suit a two-piece, but not a band with four or maybe even five members. And even if they did, I was never fond of playing covers anyway...

I have good connections through my daily work which led me to thinking about maybe holding small concerts in Longford (we run a monthly gig in Dublin and other events also). After some thought about it, though, I decided against it...

Advertisement