Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight Adventures!

Options
  • 03-07-2011 5:28pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Browsing the Nocturnal forum has brought me back to my younger years and the late night all to often fun misadventures of my youth. Granted I'm still young, but I fondly remember being dragged home at unsocial hours for any child, i.e 12 and 1 at night.

Our mini adventures on any given night would include hide and go seek and as the years progressed, many a night was spent ambling to a local lookout point to admire the stars in Northern California with the occasional beer and funny cigerette for relaxation. Any fun or amuzing stories of late night misadventures from the resident Noctural Nerds have to share would be cool, but if this has been done before, I shall repent my sins!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

This thread brought back a memory of the time I went to the graveyard with my brother and sister:), I think I was 8 which would have put them at 13 and 16 respectively. I think we were going to sit on one of the tombstones that was in the remains of an old church and tell ghost stories. It was pretty cool until my sister freaked out and made us leave the graveyard and take the long route home, even at 8 I was way cooler than her:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I many times wander through the night with no real destination in mind. Amazing how different the world looks in darkness than in the light. Places that seem so warm, and inviting during the day seem abandoned and cold by night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

One time on an after midnight trip to the playground my friend hit me in the face with a swing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

When myself and a friend of mine were having a sleepover when we were 13ish, we got the fun idea to go to Tesco and buy red bull and anything caffeinated. We found a roll of Garda tape (Oh joy of all joys) on the way back to my house, and decided to close off various lanes and reroute traffic around the town. We came back at 4am, and absolutely crashed, never seeing the mayhem I really hope happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I remember one night in first year while drinking tea with some friends late at night we got to discussing the on campus graveyard, for priests, and one of my housemates was really curious to see it so we went down sometime around midnight. Had a few freaky experiences while we were there, which I won't go into here, but it was a fun night:)

I walked around Maynooth late at night a lot during that first year of college, there were a lot of 4am trips to Tesco and walking people home. I was always a bit of a 'mother' to college friends, insisting on seeing them home safely, guys or girls, and then walking through a very quiet town all alone.

I many times wander through the night with no real destination in mind. Amazing how different the world looks in darkness than in the light. Places that seem so warm, and inviting during the day seem abandoned and cold by night.

I never see places as abandoned or cold by night, rather they appear dark and mysterious. There seems to be a whole new world than the one we see during the day and the stories behind those buildings or empty fields etc. seem all that more intriguing at night:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

tried to hot wire a jcb one night didnt go well mainly because i cant drive and never hot wired anything in my life and was excessively drunk then i think just started going "vroooom" while sitting in the jcb.

ow to be a teen again :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Oh I used to have fun during the night as a kid with my friends. We used to sit in local grassy areas, tell haunted stories and try scare each other. At times, we'd go to the local park (which is right beside the original city walls and only 2 mins from me) after dark and explore. We would also use this as a moment of fun, for when tourists stopped off there as part of the Ghost Bus Tour. As they were led up the 40 steps and told tales by the guide (dressed like the typical vampire), we would be hiding in bushes, waiting to scream at them:D:D.

There were lots of old abandoned buildings close too, we would explore those, and a local graveyard...night time was really fun, and still is!

That is just a bit of what I can remember, all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

We would usually take a car out at night, go to a quarry, lake or an old building, listen to tunes, tell a few stories, really cool atmosphere late at night.

that and aimless drives listening to muic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Me and my brothers and sis used to buy a load of sweets and hide them in anticipation of waiting till our folks were asleep and then we'd have a 'midnight feast'.

Jesus what a buzz!

The things you get a buzz off when you're a kid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ah yes! The aimless drive and taking a turn down a side road you've never used before to see where it takes you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement