Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student accommodation In Dun Laoghaire Sept 2011

Options
  • 03-07-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking for a place to rent in Dun Laoghaire with other students that doesn't cost a small fortune!!
    Starting a course in SCD in September. Help would be appriciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Looking for a place to rent in Dun Laoghaire with other students that doesn't cost a small fortune!!

The Students Union (the Welfare Officer specifically, I believe) offer a helping hand to anyone looking for a place to rent during the year, they can put you in touch with folks offering a room near the college or whatever. Should be worth your while dropping them an email and seeing what turns up; dep_pres@iadtsu.ie

Your other option, apart from browsing daft.ie etc is browsing here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=975#

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hannah_banana

Rhyme wrote: »
    The Students Union (the Welfare Officer specifically, I believe) offer a helping hand to anyone looking for a place to rent during the year, they can put you in touch with folks offering a room near the college or whatever. Should be worth your while dropping them an email and seeing what turns up; dep_pres@iadtsu.ie

Your other option, apart from browsing daft.ie etc is browsing here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=975#

Thank you Mr.Rhyme!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CiaraMay

I am also looking for accommodation and house mates for September around IADT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aeclipse

Hey! I'm in the same situation! I haven't a clue about housing and stuff and i'd definitely want to be house sharing. :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jessticles

Hey everyone,
    I'm Jess, myself, my girlfriend and my friend Oisin are looking for an extra person to share with us near college from Sept.
    We all go to IADT, me and Jen study VAP i'm 3rd year she's 2nd and Oisin is in Film and TV and he's also a 3rd year, we're aged 20-24.
    I have a smallish dog who will also probably be living at the house, although i'm not sure about this yet.
    If you would maybe be interested in living with us, let me know and I can fill you in on us a bit more and let you know anything you want :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lindazzzzzz

Hi Hannah Banana! I am also starting the psychology course in SCD in September. :) I would like to live with students too, have you found anywhere? Do you want my email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spontaneous luke

Hey, (I may as well pop this up here than start a new thread.)
    I'll be starting IADT this year and I'm also looking for some other new students to house share with, preferably within walking distance of iadt. If anyones interested feel free to send a PM my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DotsRocks!

Hi I'm starting iadt in september and being from galway I don't know anyone going to college there!:) would be great to find some other students to live with so I'm definitely interested!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Maxtor

Hey is anyone looking for a room to rent, we have a single room available, 5 min walk to IADT, nice location. Let me know if anyone is interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Con0

Hey Guys! have a single room also its in the estate right next to IADT where im starting in sep , my fb link is on my page add me if anyones interested will be glad to hear from yee :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spontaneous luke

disregard my earlier comment, i'm officialy 'off the market'

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vladimir92

Jessticles wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I'm Jess, myself, my girlfriend and my friend Oisin are looking for an extra person to share with us near college from Sept.
    We all go to IADT, me and Jen study VAP i'm 3rd year she's 2nd and Oisin is in Film and TV and he's also a 3rd year, we're aged 20-24.
    I have a smallish dog who will also probably be living at the house, although i'm not sure about this yet.
    If you would maybe be interested in living with us, let me know and I can fill you in on us a bit more and let you know anything you want :D

hey im pretty sure im headed to Dun Laoghaire College Of Further Education but i would be interested in bunkin in with any students around area anyway, PM me or somethin?

Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

Hello everyone. I'm currently looking for a house/people to share with. I see a couple of 4 bedroom places near by @400 a month each. Add me on facebook for more info;

www.facebook.com/gapmunky

need not apply if you do not enjoy scissoring dolphins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hippogriff

anyone still open for accommodation?? 300 a month or less..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blu3i

hippogriff wrote: »
    anyone still open for accommodation?? 300 a month or less..

yes im still loooking, iv found a house but need another person its exactly 300 a month, are you a girl or a boy and would you be willing to share a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Outlander42

Anyone still looking for accommodation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kierandee

Hey,
    I am still looking for a place. Im going to IADT and can move in asap......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Outlander42

Anyone still looking for accommodation?
    I should rephrase that question. Im looking for accommadation and wanted to know if anyone had somewhere and was looking for someone to share with. Im still looking so if anyone does have a place please get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Hey I know it's extremely early to be looking for accommodation, but the sooner I find something the better. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about finding somewhere decent but cheap enough to live, ideally in the middle of UCD and IADT and on a bus route. I'd be spending max €450 a month on rent. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EduOfficer

Daft.ie is probably your best option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 hannah_banana

Dear lord i did not see any of these messages from last year! if any of these offers still apply tho, get onto me, once again currently searching for accommodation/ housemates! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stacie_D

I know this thread is like from last year but I was just wondering if anyone needs a roomie for sept 2012 (:
    Please and thanks (:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

Does anyone have any advice or tips about finding somewhere to live in Dun Laoghaire? I'll be going to IADT this year with four other close friends and we would ideally love to find a house together. We've been looking for ages now but everywhere is either too far away from the college, out of our price range, or they don't accept students. Does anyone know of anywhere that offers accomodation for students?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stacie_D

Heyy Firstprime,

Go onto facebook and go to IADT accomodation https://www.facebook.com/iadtaccomodation

Other than that just keep looking on daft.ie o property.ie

Hey we have a house in Dun Laoghaire, and are looking to fill some rooms as some people are moving out. Would you be interested? Whats your budget? The house is in the estate next to the college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

Maxtor wrote: »
    Hey we have a house in Dun Laoghaire, and are looking to fill some rooms as some people are moving out. Would you be interested? Whats your budget? The house is in the estate next to the college :)

Was that responding to my comment? Can you take five? I'm not sure what everyone's budget is, we were hoping for around 1500/month. I need to ask the others how flexible they are. What are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SophieCH

Maxtor wrote: »

Hi there, my boyfriend and I (and possibly 2/3 others) would be interested if you have any rooms left. Our budget would probably be around 350/400. If you could PM me any details that'd be great, thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moonsheep

Starting at IADT this september, also looking for other people to share with or to fill a spare room..

Girl from west-cork.. kinda urgent that I get somewhere before the tenth :')

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MichaelaNiT

Hi ,i was looking a place to stay beside IADT ! im going into my first year and havent a clue :L have you any places ?

• Advertisement

Our house is full at the moment, but nothing has been paid yet in deposits so keep an eye out on here.

Advertisement