Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellgate london. Free to play now!?

Options
  • 03-07-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember hellgate london? the diablo 2 killer...

i was really looking forward to it back then, but it just droped dead on its arse! servers were shutdown 2 years after launch. :rolleyes:

some of you will remember that it was sold to some korean game company, which remaded it a bit.

http://hellgate.t3fun.com/News/Notice_List.aspx

I am downloading it now myself. i really wanted it to be good back then, maybe it is better now? anyone care to join me and see if its any better? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Think I'll check this out.
    I actually remember enjoying the demo a bit when it came out years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Remember waiting for this to come out but don't think I played it in the end. Dling now will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

If they have re-made it a bit, I presume the original DVD version is incompatible - would save me a download.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Adyx wrote: »
    If they have re-made it a bit, I presume the original DVD version is incompatible - would save me a download.

i was wondering about it myself. i just downloaded the yoke. to save the hassel with guessing ;)

so just came back home, i hope i will have time to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does not look to good so far. Looks like dumbed down version of previuos games. I dont know wtf with graphics... I have all on max but everything looks just so horrible!!!

All same, just for free and very bad looking. :(

Dx10 option even removed! I will give anather go tomorrow. As que is a pain in a hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh man I remember that, still got my boxed copy knocking round back home. Was so excited to play it, but then got my hands on it and WOW was it crap. Tried to play with my friend but even when we were in a party in the same area we couldnt see each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Didn't really like this much at the time but the trailers were cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

any guilds out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Reminds me that I only ever bought 2 things from Gamestop properly in the last 5 years and both were with gift cards I really wouldnt have cared for. One I spent on Hellgate London, played it for about 3-6 hours and gave the **** up on it. Then more recently, being much older and wiser, I cashed out a $25 Gamestop gift card for a $25 iTunes giftcard. :)

This is of course discounting that I made one 3rd purchase somewhere in 2009 to buy some Wii games when I first got the console. Half of which, I can honestly say have never been in the disc drive as of yet. Knights and Twilight Princess I believe. Not because I wouldn't rather but I don't have a comfortable place to play Wii.

Advertisement