Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Band

Options
  • 03-07-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to start a band again. I havent really been playing as much as I'd like over the past year or so and want to get back into it.

Genre: Alternative/Rock/Pop
    Positions Available: Drummer, Bassist & Singer

My influences: warpaint, beatles, rhcp, pulp, John frusciante, the bicycle thief, and many more. I'm interested in different genres.

I want this to be a fun band and above all, somewhere where we can learn!

Its important to point out that I'm not looking for this to be a "commitment". I'm in College, and it keeps me busy during the week. I want a band where we can write songs, as many as possible, play covers (a wide range of styles, even if some songs are only ever played once) and have fun!

I dont mind practicin 2 - 3 times a week, but I wont "Tour".

Playin gigs is grand, and I'm not bothered where we play, it's not important.

I've been in 2 bands before, and they gave me enough touring and struggling to "make it" smile.gif Now, I just want to play music.

If you're interested or have any questions at alll, please ask... I may not be very clear with this ad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

what instrument do you play?....maybe i missed it?

guitarist?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NewNo2

Woops, sorry. Guitar yeah.

would you be interested in possibly getting on board with our band? we've only started up and are in desperate need of a guitarist who has a sense of pop in their music,not that we play pop music,its alternative rock,but its soft if you get me!

PM us if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I am from Rush myself, but I am a guitarist more Rhythm than lead. What bands would you cite as influences?

Arcade Fire,Fleet Foxes,...its more instrumental then stereotypical rock,its unique I guess...

we rehearse in the city centre!

• Advertisement
Advertisement