Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendon Damage - Any Advice?

Options
  • 03-07-2011 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Poor Finlay has cut his tendon. Yesterday morning, himself & Bonnie saw something down the garden, went running down to the one spot that they shouldn't be in & Finn managed to cut the back of his leg on a broken clay pot. We thought it was just a superficial cut at first but brought him to the vets anyway as it wouldn't stop bleeding. They too thought it was just the skin & arranged to get him a stitch in it this morning. When they went in however, the right side of his tendon had been sliced. Now it could have been worse, a cm the other way & it would have been severed. :(

He's his leg bandaged to his body & will remain this way for 6 weeks. No excercise at all, the only time he gets out of his crate is to do his business. Finn is an extremely active dog & his greatest pleasure in life is 100 mph running down the field after a tennis ball. Apart from any walks etc, if he doesn't get this half hour run, jump & catch twice a day, he's not himself. The vets even remarked on how he looked like a dog that got a lot of excericse packed into his day as he was so fit. This is going to be really, really hard for him. At the moment, he can't do 3 legs. I brought him out for a pee & he collapsed several times. He's over 35 kilos so he's no lightweight to be carrying. I know this aspect of it will get better but I'm wondering if anyone else has had tendon problems like this in an active dog & if they've any tips or advice for the next 6 weeks.

Advertisement