Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palomino!

Options
  • 02-07-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

This isn't my band, it's my wifes. She's the vocalist. Here's the video for their, soon to be released, single -

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They've now had three radio airplays! In one week on BBC Radio Foyle :D
    Twice on the Mark Patterson show and once when Stephen McCauley was standing in for Sean Coyle :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

They've now been played on iRadio last Sunday evening and also this morning on the Ian Dempsey show on Today FM!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LisaLimerickR

They're good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I felt I was watching Top of The Pops circa 1989...

And it goes wildly out of sync by midway point. I thought it was far too long as well.

They're good :)

Thanks! :)
    I felt I was watching Top of The Pops circa 1989...

Cheers - They were aiming for a retro feel for the vid :D
    And it goes wildly out of sync by midway point.

That's down to the editing by the media student who did the video.
    I thought it was far too long as well.

Thanks for your constructive criticism :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Penfailed wrote: »
    Cheers - They were aiming for a retro feel for the vid :D

Didn't really mean that as a compliment... :-)
    That's down to the editing by the media student who did the video.

Perhaps it wasn't best to post it then?
    Thanks for your constructive criticism :)

No problem!

Didn't really mean that as a compliment... :-)

I know. I took it as one anyway :D
    Perhaps it wasn't best to post it then?

Perhaps *shrugs*

They got a play on iRadio again this evening :D

They've just been played on ShannonSide :D

The CDs have arrived. The photos don't do it justice -

100_1815.jpg

100_1816.jpg

:cool:

Released on iTunes on 1/11/11 :D

• Advertisement

Second single here - http://soundcloud.com/palomino/give-it-all-to-me

It's been played on IRadio already :D

Third single - the unofficial James Bond, Skyfall theme :D

http://soundcloud.com/palomino/james-bond

Their new video is on the front page of the Irish Daily Star Online! -

69258_537552369610479_629021664_n.jpg

Here's a link to the actual video -

:)

In today's Daily Star!

529901_540364265995956_321094566_n.jpg

In today's Daily Mirror!

60433_553920207973695_503450660_n.jpg

Advertisement