Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT HELP REQUIRED - SWALLOWS NEST FELL

Options
  • 02-07-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there, sorry for the capital title just thought it might be hard get replies in this thread at this time. A swallows (I think they're swallows - picture attached) nest attached to our house as fallen. They were on the ground outside the door and the nest beside them they looked pretty bad and couldn't really walk. I've picked up the nest put it on the windowsill and gently put the chicks into the nest in the hope the mother will find them there (just under drain pipe).

Can anyone offer any advice to help these? Or should I just take my chances leaving them on the windowsill. I think they will be dead my morning if the mother doesn't come.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

No chance u can get them back where they came from? tell tale signs would be droppings and seeds etc where the nest may have been. otherwise they wont stand a chance.
    Try anything to attach the nest back in place - is the mother calling/circling?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

Whispered wrote: »

Done there now. Thanks

BengaLover wrote: »
    No chance u can get them back where they came from? tell tale signs would be droppings and seeds etc where the nest may have been. otherwise they wont stand a chance.

There are birds circling making their noises but they always do that around here these times. There isn't a hope I can reattach the nest :( It's like grass it doesn't even feel that solid. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Maybe I should get a step ladder and put the nest on top of the drain pipe? The mother might feel more comfortable going to that height??

BengaLover wrote: »

I see where they came from now it is actually higher up than I thought... they had a long fall - they fell onto our first floor roof (slanted tiles) and then rolled down to the ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement