Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric collar

Options
  • 02-07-2011 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Ive a 7 year old jack russel and two 3 year old westies. The Jack russel is a dangerous dog around the house. He has bit a neighbour before. Its either give him a few darts of an E collar or get him put down. What should I do?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

hunter 16 wrote: »
    Ive a 7 year old jack russel and two 3 year old westies. The Jack russel is a dangerous dog around the house. He has bit a neighbour before. Its either give him a few darts of an E collar or get him put down. What should I do?:confused:

What makes you think it's either e-collar or death? What training or corrections have you tried?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

If he's aggressive, an e-collar could actually make things worse as the dogs sometimes dont know where the shock comes from and can associate it with you, another dog or pretty much anything in the vicinity at the time. Being shocked in the neck is more than likely just going to make him even more aggressive.
    Better off getting a trainer or behaviourist in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Get him put down? :confused:Why wouldnt you try working with this dog and find out why he is being aggressive and get a trainer to help you.

How is a collar going to solve your problem?? It will only make things worse if you ask me. Treating an aggressive dog with an aggressive pain causing method will only cause him to be more aggressive.

Try bringing him to a behaviourist and work on the issue, and put a muzzle on him if hes around people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

smileyvault-popcorn.gif

Advertisement