Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Finance course to do?

Options
  • 02-07-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I work in Credit control at the moment,I would like to do a part time course in Finance in the autumn.I live in dublin.What course would be worth doing?

Comments

What sort of commitment do you want to give - months or years?

What is the goal of this - something to do or career advancement?

Do you want distance learning or classes?

If you want to do something related to accounting I would suggest starting ACCA or CIMA. It is a long slog but it should be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭fire_man

I would like to do some course over 1-2 years,classroom based if possible.I would be doing this course to advance my career as im sick of credit control.Im not sure if have have the dicipline to do the accounting exams.Any other course worth doing?Whats the best night school in Dublin for business/Finance?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Hi,

You try something like the Accounting Technician course. It's classroom based and is two years. I did it a couple of years ago, gives you a good base for accounting. I'm going on to do a Degree course this year which is only a year long as I've done IATI course already.

Here's a link to their site.

http://www.accountingtechniciansireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smiley00

hi, I have been studying for professional exams with the ICAI, but after being unsuccessful with exams, I am wondering would it be beneficial to do the Accounting Technician course? I want to stay in this line of work but don't think the full exams are for me! Any advice?

Advertisement