Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vantage Apartments, Leopardstown

Options
  • 02-07-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Looking at renting in this development. Has anybody any information to share in relation to the development/mgmt co etc.?

Build and design quality looks to be sound, but parking seems to be an ongoing issue.

Would appreciate anyone input.

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

jrs3 wrote: »
    Looking at renting in this development. Has anybody any information to share in relation to the development/mgmt co etc.?

Build and design quality looks to be sound, but parking seems to be an ongoing issue.

Would appreciate anyone input.

Thanks
    John

Moved in a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems with the appartment / management company yet. Build quality is as you say pretty good, we have yet to find any issues with the appartments and they seem to be better finished than a lot of other houses / appartments that were built around the same time.

There is ample parking underneath the appartments although I think you only get one space per appartment and possibly have to rent others if you need more than one but you could talk to the management company about this.

Only moved in about three weeks ago but we have been happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

I know there is a centra there but aside from this where is the nearest shop? The hours on the Centra seem a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

I've lived in the Vantage apartments for 14 months - I'm actually going to be moving in the next week (moving in with a friend in another apartment block nearby). I've really enjoyed living here. There was never any hassle from the agency, and anything that ever needed fixing (I never really had any issues except maybe a smoke alarm battery needing replacing :P ), were always dealt with efficiently and quickly.

I found the gas/electric bills in general very good, the apartment was always very warm regardless of the heat being on or not, so again very efficient. I experienced no noise whatsoever from any neighbours. Very clean, bright and airy apartments (well mine was anyway).

The only issue I guess is the lack of anything around here... Centra only opens until 8pm on weekdays, until I think 2pm Saturdays and not at all on Sundays. Leopardstown Valley, which is 3 Luas stops away, has a Dunnes stores which is very convenient for big shopping trips... or you could head to Dunnes at the Beacon which is about a 15 minute walk (or 2 stops down to Stillorgan luas). But otherwise, I didn't mind so much.

Any specific questions, please PM me and I can answer your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

Hi,
    Thinking of moving into Vantage but just wondering if there is a security guard/concierge service within the complex?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

As far as I am aware, there is security on call but not sure if they patrol around the area as such. (Think they might be shared with the security for the offices beside)

We are there about three months now and so far we have had no issues or concerns with safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whytenc

Thanks Dools,
    Have just signed signed lease....know it sounds stupid but Im thinking of getting a cleaner to keep the place in shape and wondering where I could leave the key for her to collect. Cant figure out how she's gonna get access to the apartment when Im in work.....just trying to sort these things out prior to moving in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone who is living (or has lived) in the Vantage apartments knows any good way of seeing whether anyone has a car park space to rent in the complex ?

I will obviously check the normal Daft etc. but wanted to get the views of anyone who has lived there recently of the current parking situation / opportunity.

Thanks in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Louise x

Dools2007 wrote: »
    Moved in a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems with the appartment / management company yet. Build quality is as you say pretty good, we have yet to find any issues with the appartments and they seem to be better finished than a lot of other houses / appartments that were built around the same time.

There is ample parking underneath the appartments although I think you only get one space per appartment and possibly have to rent others if you need more than one but you could talk to the management company about this.

Only moved in about three weeks ago but we have been happy so far.

Hi just wondering are you still living here?

Advertisement