Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ant hill in compost heap

Options
  • 02-07-2011 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of an anthill in a compost heap ?

I used Ant Power last year and thought that had dealt with it but they're back !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

Katycar wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of an anthill in a compost heap ?

I used Ant Power last year and thought that had dealt with it but they're back !
    :confused:
    What harm can they do there? Leave them alone I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Traonach wrote: »
    :confused:
    What harm can they do there? Leave them alone I'd say.
    +1, leave them.

or stir it up and give it a good soak.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

The activities of ants will turn your compost into the finest growing medium you will ever see. All part of the natural process. Watering is a good idea - ants need water for their eggs.

Advertisement