Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

el perro

Options
  • 02-07-2011 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

conas tá sibh, ¡hola!, thanks for the help on my last post. Have another question I just want to be sure about before it becomes rivited to my brain, el perro is the singular for "the dog" sí? Is los perra the plural for "the dogs"?

gracias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭una_profesora

conas tá sibh, ¡hola!, thanks for the help on my last post. Have another question I just want to be sure about before it becomes rivited to my brain, el perro is the singular for "the dog" sí? Is los perra the plural for "the dogs"?

gracias

Los perros, I think.
    If a noun ends in a vowel, make it plural by adding -s.

libro: libros
    (libro + s)
    pluma: plumas
    (pluma + s)
    chico: chicos
    (chico + s)
    señora: señoras
    (señora + s)

The definite articles (el, la) also change in the plural form. They become "los" and "las." The definite articles will be covered in depth in the next lesson.

el libro: los libros

la pluma: las plumas

el chico: los chicos

la señora: las señoras
    http://www.studyspanish.com/lessons/plnoun.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hamunaptra

gracias

We have differences between male and female so it would be:

Singular: el perro (male), la perra (female)
    Plural: los perros (male), las perras (female)

Advertisement