Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog licence, do you have one

Options
  • 02-07-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Just been informed that my dog's licence is up for renewal this month.
    Seeing as all you AH'ers people love discussing the tv licence so much, I was wondering if you have a dog, do you have a licence for it?

Was hoping this would stay in AH cause of all the TV licence bitching that goes on there

Do you have a licence for your dog? 81 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    61% 50 votes
    I have a cat
    32% 26 votes
    GTFO I pay for nothing
    6% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I would if i had a dog

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Animals.
    Bounce it back if it's not suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

only have it cause the warden did the rounds and spotted my hound with nose under the gate lucky he didnt get the boot there and thenicon10.gificon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I have two licences because I have two dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

How much is it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Yes.

katiebelle wrote: »
    How much is it ??

About €12 IIRC at a Post Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

markc1184 wrote: »
    Yes.

About €12 IIRC at a Post Office

Thanks better get one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Licences are really just for restricted breeds or dogs that like to bark out the back all the time.

So havent got one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Yep. We have one for our dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

I don't have any, for my four dogs. The warden came round about 7 years ago and we didn't have any so we just got them then, so no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Have two dogs, so have two licences. They are affordable enough - unlike the TV licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

the dog ate my licence sir......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Licences are really just for restricted breeds or dogs that like to bark out the back all the time.

So havent got one

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

yes have a dog license , you gotta be the cheapest git goin if you cant afford 12 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I have one, because it will invalidate your pet insurance (which you probably don't have if your worried about a licence) should your pet savage someone (not sure on whether it would impact on medical side of things though).

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Yes. The licence fee pays for the dog warden, so it's a good thing to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

So havent got one

No, a licence is for any dog.
    I have one for each of mine. I was issued with them when I got them from the pound. When my boy's came up for renewal, I just popped down to the post office and got it done. It's only €12.70 per dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

The wardens are doing the rounds at the moment D7 area, 2 of my friends who have dogs were called into. Mine is out of date but will get it on Monday, the dog has a gag on for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

katiebelle wrote: »
    How much is it ??

€12.70 Katiebelle. Got 2 last week. Came to €25.40. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

tommy21 wrote: »
    I have one, because it will invalidate your pet insurance (which you probably don't have if your worried about a licence) should your pet savage someone (not sure on whether it would impact on medical side of things though).

Really? I did not know that! :eek: (I have both a licence and insurance.)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

Yes both of my dogs hold a licence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Two dogs, no license

I haven't seen the warden in about six years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

My dog is black and white.
    Same cost of a license as a coloured dog!
    Scandal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I have two dogs and I have two licences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

Last one expired on 18th May - renewed in on that date... (in the Post Office)...

Received letter from Loacal Authority (dated 23rd June) advising me that same was due for renewal on the 18th May - but if I had paid same I was to ignore this notice!

They won't make much money on a licence fee of E12.70, if they are going to send letters reminding people that have already paid....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The fine for not having a license is €30 - so hardly an incentive to get one. AFAIK the money goes into the general council budget so it is not specifically linked to the wardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I have ones for 3 out of my 4 dogs. I'll get one for the 4th when I'm renewing the other 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, I have one.

But being from the UK where dog licences were abolished in the 80's, I didn't even know one was required until the warden called round.

And NO, my husband didn't bother to tell me we needed one!

Since then, we've got one and have since renewed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Yes i have 2 one for each dog. Got it 2 days after i got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Oh flip I always forget to get one. Think my last one expired well over a year ago. Its on my to do list for next week :o

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

So havent got one

What a ridiculous statement...

Some dogs will also reduce your home insurance if you let them know ;)
    Ive got a licence for my fella, could you imagine the embarrassment of being fined for not having a dog licence...

Advertisement