Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Take Me Out

Options
  • 02-07-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I'm considering applying for the TV3 show where one male has 30 women to impress.

I was thinking has anyone ever been in my shoes, and in general do many males apply and do auditions ever take place in Dublin?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

This is from last year, it doesn't look like they've set up a way to apply for this year yet, but hopefully it'd give you an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I'd so do that show for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

My friend was on it a while back, but he was asked to do it so not sure how you go about applying. If you don't get anywhere with finding info drop me a pm and I'll see what I can find out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just wondering why you want to apply for this? Is it to find a partner or what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just wondering why you want to apply for this? Is it to find a partner or what's the story?

In all honesty, yes thats the reason.

I've only ever had one girlfriend and I don't have the most advanced social life, so I can't really see myself finding anyone otherwise even though everyone tells me "it will happen".

I've completed the application form so I will be ready to send it whenever anything's announced.

I just want to try all the options, barr online dating. No offense to people who do online dating but its really not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

karaokeman wrote: »

I've only ever had one girlfriend and I don't have the most advanced social life.

I just want to try all the options, barr online dating. No offense to people who do online dating but its really not for me.

I have to say mate, probably better to do online dating than some game show where your basic job is to be made a mockery of!

I doubt many of the girls on it are looking for a partner...they just want to be on the telly...sure that's the first step to being a celeb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

It's extremely unlikely that you will be selected for the show; I'm sure there will be a lot of applicants. Some people can't seem to imagine that there could be anything better in life than being selected for some stupid reality tv show.

I can only give you the same old advice that you've heard a million times before. Join clubs, try out activities that involve mixing with members of the opposite sex, or try the online dating. Hell, you might aswell try sitting in a bar on your own as try this. It's not really an option; it's just clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I recall reading that in the next series it will be the men judging the women. So if you truly want to be on the show I suggest you work on your cruelty.
    We humans are a savage bunch. We just love to watch otheer people squirm. Hence the popularity of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Fear factor etc.
    Only thing we like more than that is seeing someone humiliated. Shows like Weakest Link and all of those shows where celebrities eat kangaroo testacles are popular.
    Bring back the Coloseum I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

We humans are a savage bunch. We just love to watch otheer people squirm. Hence the popularity of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Fear factor etc.
    I never liked those shows... or take me out or cringe humour in general.

Does this make me a beautiful and virtuous person?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've only ever had one girlfriend and I don't have the most advanced social life, so I can't really see myself finding anyone otherwise even though everyone tells me "it will happen".

I've completed the application form so I will be ready to send it whenever anything's announced.

But going on a show seen by hundreds of thousands of people were 30 women will basically rip everything about you apart on national tv is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

If you think the fickleness of online dating is hard to stomach, how do you think it feels to have 50% of those lights going off before you finish your first sentence on the stage?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Don't do it. At best you'll get a date out of it, at the worst... well, where do we begin to look at that cluster****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Galvasean wrote: »
    I recall reading that in the next series it will be the men judging the women.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen, apart from the fact that feminist groups would be up in arms, the format of having 30 guys picking 1 women on this sort of show simply doesn't work.

They actually tried it on the Australian & Dutch versions of the show but because most guys refused to turn off their lights, it pretty much ruined the 'entertainment factor' of the show and was quickly reverted back to it's original format.

It seems that the humiliation of men is fair acceptable in modern society where as if women were subjected to the same levels of ridicule it would be deemed as cruel & humiliating.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Don't do the actual TV version... but...

I went on a local one for charity for the laugh and bagged myself someone really unexpectedly! We're together a few months now and all going well.

Thing is, these things happen when you least expect them dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

**** no, one is terrifying enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Apply to the English version, looks way more fun than TV3s one, I didn't realise how fussy us Irish girls are:eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Wasn't there another thread on this on boards.. some poster said his friend was asked to go on it as she was an up and coming comedian and went on it to rip the piss with no intention of going on a date..

If I were you op I wouldn't bother.. is it worth humiliating yourself on national tv for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Wasn't there another thread on this on boards.. some poster said his friend was asked to go on it as she was an up and coming comedian and went on it to rip the piss with no intention of going on a date..

That poster was me and to clarify yes, a comedian friend of mine did do the show, but like most she was doing it more to raise profile than to get a date. I know a few male comedians who were asked to be on the show, but they all turned it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

newbee22 wrote: »
    Apply to the English version, looks way more fun than TV3s one, I didn't realise how fussy us Irish girls are:eek:

You are kidding right? They are ridiculous and half of them can't afford to be fussy! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I refuse to watch that show for two reasons:

1. I find it excruciatingly cringe worthy.
    2. There would be an outrage from women of that show had the genders reversed.

So, no I def wouldn't apply to be on it to be humiliated by overly fussy, full of attitude Irish women!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

py2006 wrote: »
    You are kidding right? They are ridiculous and half of them can't afford to be fussy! lol

Ya the English version all the way...
    Paddy McGuinness is a laugh
    The birds on the English show are alright and seem to be friendly..

Some of the birds on the Irish show are rough as fc*k and are a snapshot of trying to meet an Irish bird socially....High opinion of herself and not very friendly at all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

py2006 wrote: »

They don't all turn the red light on the minute the fella walks down the stairs! Got to give a fella a chance to speak!:eek::eek:

Advertisement