Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quit job for fourth year?

Options
  • 02-07-2011 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm doing science in itt and have a job working the weekends.

The job is grand and easy, however it's in a pharmacy and does require me to work and hence I don't get to study or do lab reports during the course of the day etc.

I repeated 3rd year to get into the final year.

Im seriously considering quitting to devote myself to the course full time but I'll be broke.

Would I be mad to quit in the current climate or does fourth year in the science department really require all your time?

If anyone has any experience of the science department (biology) I'd greatly appreciate your insight.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Could you go part-time?

I know it sucks bein broke, but you dont wanna miss out on a degree for the sake of a Pharmacy job

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭emmabee

Would you qualify for the grant? In fourth year, you could get up to €3,300 for the year, which u could survive on. I went to IT tallaght and a few of my mates did Science, one girl who is bright as a button had to repeat 4th year so I'd say it is well worth committing to. Also, it will fly in, and you're lucky that the government are crying out for people to do science.

best of luck either way

Advertisement