Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google/Youtube Account - Rage

Options
  • 02-07-2011 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sitting here impotently furious at how stupid Google are about youtube accounts.

I got a google account a few years ago, and a while after that I got a youtube account. Recently I decided to change to a new google account as I didn't like the old address. I set it up, forwarded email from various other addresses and then went to change the address on my youtube account to the new one.

I'm not allowed.

My youtube account is permanently and inescapably connected to my old account. Which means that I can now be logged into EITHER my email OR youtube account. If I log into Youtube it logs me out of my new google address and vice versa.

Only possible solution is to make a new youtube account, which means uploading everything again and losing years of views and comments etc. It also means losing the account name, which I was lucky to get in the first place.

I think I'm so angry because this is so unecessary, there is no reason to make it impossible to change the address associated with a youtube account, every other account I have for anything online provides that facility.

(Also, I used to log into the old address and have mail from the new address routed to it, but that causes side effects for sent mail - "sent on behalf of"/"this email may not have been sent by" etc)

EDIT - Acceptable solution: I'm using Thunderbird for all mail and I leave my old account logged in in the browser. Not ideal but I can live with it.

Comments

Advertisement