Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHK CO2 M4 mags, inserting BBs...

Options
  • 01-07-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to help out my friend. He bought a set of 6 GHK M4 CO2 mags. They all seem fine apart from the fact that it's a real PITA to load them with BBs. Speedloader with that small gas attachment won't fill more than couple of BBs and inserting them one by one is very hard.

My only guess is that the springs are too hard. So would it help to leave mags filled with BBs overnight? Also, I've noticed that you can fire the gun without BBs. Is that OK, or did we do something wrong (we disassembled the gun to lubricated and it is possible that we didn't put it back together properly).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd say just load it one by one if it's so annoying, load them the night before, and then gas them the morning of. you can naturally fire gas guns with no BB's as long as there is gas in the mag, the bolt should lock back though after the first shot as it realisises that there aren't any BB's in it, then you have to hit the bolt release.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

I did leave the BBs in the mags overnight and now it's a bit easier to load them up. Hopefully over time they'll loosen up more.

However we found other issues:
    1. If I insert a mag with no BBs but with full CO2 capsule the gun fill fire both single and auto. No manual bolt releasing needed. This should not happen at all.
    2. After running out of BBs the bolt doesn't lock and the gun keeps firing.

Both problems repeat with all 6 mags. 2 of them have feeding issues as well. BBs got stuck just below the feeding lips (but that might be just springs still being to stiff).

So far using this rifle is a very frustrating experience. Any ideas on how to fix this gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

what about the mag that came with the rifle does that lock the bolt back?
    i dont have that much experience with GBBr only pistols but just trying to transfer basic concepts from pistols to the rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

None of the mags lock the bolt back when empty. I cannot tell which mag came with the rifle as the spare ones are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hi,
    Can you post a pic of the top of the mags,
    If they are the same as the mags for the WE Scar there is a catch which can dissable the bolt lock.

Post a pic so I can check it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement