Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep Cherokee - Help needed

Options
  • 01-07-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a 2006 Jeep Cherokee 2.8 crd in bother.
    Will not start, not even turn over.
    Immobiliser & key checked, ok.

I need a mechanic / technician with diagnostic software etc etc to plug into the ecu and hopefully find out what the story is.

If anyone can let me know someone that has a clue of Jeeps please.

Located in the midlands.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Sorry to hear of your trouble OP, I drove one of those rare beasts for a few weeks and I have to say I thought the power from it was awesome! Unstoppable off road and very tail happy on-road ! Had it on the beach and in deep snow, it was great. Unfortunately that VM Motori based engine is a weak point in them ! Have you tried more simple things like the battery and the starter motor? Will it start with a tow/push? They do give injector and pump problems.... If you're still stuck I may be able to pass on an ex-Chrysler mechanics number....or at least get some pointers from him. Is it the 6 speed manual?
    Actually, if I remember correctly, you have to have foot to the floor on the clutch to start don't you? Its possible the floor mat is not letting you go all the way to the floor or perhaps the switch for the pedal is defective or needs adjustment? Let us know how you fare out.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

seen a mechanic try to start one before he was at it for ten minutes before i told him to put his left foot on the down you should of seen his face:o

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭new2sat

[ Have you tried more simple things like the battery and the starter motor? Will it start with a tow/push? They do give injector and pump problems.... If you're still stuck I may be able to pass on an ex-Chrysler mechanics number....or at least get some pointers from him. Is it the 6 speed manual?
    Actually, if I remember correctly, you have to have foot to the floor on the clutch to start don't you? Its possible the floor mat is not letting you go all the way to the floor or perhaps the switch for the pedal is defective or needs adjustment? Let us know how you fare out.[/QUOTE]

the battery and the starter motor - Both seem grand.

start with a tow/push? - Have not tried yet.

Is it the 6 speed manual? - It is indeed.

clutch - Yes I knew clutch had to go to floor, but this is worth further investigating.

I'll post updates.

Advertisement