Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Of Champions 2011

Options
  • 01-07-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Is anyone going to this ? http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92752

Just saw it today. Decided to book flights and hotel. Flight are €78 euro return with aerlingus incl taxes and charges. Got a nice 4 start hotel in the old town for 350 for 3 nights, so will take the other half along for some shopping at the Xmas markets ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 scoobyjack

Went last year, going again. Dusseldorf is brilliant for the craic, and there are great traditional German Christmas markets around that time of year too.

Oh, and the ROC itself was outstanding. Fantastic stadium, can't get a bad seat in there.

Great moment last year when Michele Mouton came out to showcase the Audi Quattro, and rolled it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 elsexo

I'm livin in The Netherlands so it'd be rude not to wander over to it.

Scoobyjack, any hints on travel to and from the stadium to the main town when I get there.?

The official site has offers that include hotel and transport but it charges nearly 100euro per person for a train pass?!?! So I think I'll just get event tickets and organize my own accommodation and travel.

Any help will be appreciated lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 scoobyjack

elsexo wrote: »
    I'm livin in The Netherlands so it'd be rude not to wander over to it.

Scoobyjack, any hints on travel to and from the stadium to the main town when I get there.?

The official site has offers that include hotel and transport but it charges nearly 100euro per person for a train pass?!?! So I think I'll just get event tickets and organize my own accommodation and travel.

Any help will be appreciated lads.

There's a fantastic underground system, goes straight to the stadium from just about everywhere else in Dusseldorf. It only costs a few quid each way, but as far as I remember, it was even free last year if you had an ROC ticket.

So don't bother booking anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 elsexo

Cheers scoobyjack. Booked tickets and a hotel myself.
    Lookin forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll def be going to that as i'll be moving up to Hannover in November :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Haven't been in a few years, but went to it in London and Paris and it is well worth the trip (might look at booking it for this year) if you can get them, the VIP tickets are well worth the extra money, you get to meet the drivers and see all the cars up close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Have you got a link to the VIP tickets? The price is probably out of my league but if not would be tempted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I haven't looked for this year, but they weren't too bad for what you get any time I went. They might have went up since I last went, but I think they were about £150-200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Just wondering has anyone purchased VIP Tickets?

Advertisement