Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting from Malahide to city

Options
  • 01-07-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My partner and I are looking at buying a property in Malahide, have looked at a few properties in the Seabury area. Just wondering how people living in Malahide commute in to the city, is the train service good or do people use Dublin bus? how long would a commute from Malahide take? I see that there is a bus that goes from Seabury to the train station but really dont know the area very well at all apart from day trips and wonder is it a good location to be looking at?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Seems you really dont know the area well at all if you dont know there is a DART - which is a great service. You ll prob have to walk to it though as getting parked is impossible. The alternative is to drive to Portmarnock and get it from there as there is loads of parking.

I wont turn this into a property thread but imho although prices in the area have fallen significantly (we ve been keeping our powder dry for 2 years) they are still overvalued. Ask in the property forum or on the property pin and you ll get the picture.

Anyway id say to do alot more research before making any decision. The traffic in Malahide can be a nightmare esp on a sunny day but seabury is the right side of it to be on. The only thing is its a decent walk into the village and most evening out will involve a taxi unless you like alot of walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Seabury is fairly well served by Dublin Bus. The 42 route goes through it. In the mornings the 142 is very handy for getting to the southern side of the city centre. Malahide train station is a 20 minute walk, or you can hop on a 102 bus if walking isn't your thing.
    Or you could cycle to town in around 40 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Seabury is too far from the village,unless you really love walking!!

Advertisement