Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learning to fish

Options
  • 01-07-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi

I fished a little when I was a child and now want to get back into it again.. more of a leisure thing every once in a while rather than an "every weekend" effort (although who knows! :) )

I bought a rod and landing net in Lidl or Aldi last year and have a starter set of hooks and lures (if I get more into everything I'm interested in weekends away etc with better gear but want to make sure I'll make use of all of it first) but was wondering about "how" I get started?

I'm based in North Tipperary and would be interested in any feedback about a weekend course I could go on, a local fishing club or similar where I could go to "learn the ropes" - properly!

Thanks

Advertisement