Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

They have a pretty good sale on at the moment its worth a look, pity I didnt wait 2 more days before booking my flights :(http://aerlingus.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

I got flights for over a 1ooo. Were are these 219 flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

well i originally wanted to fly in early october but was costing 650 so booked november for 550 and all there flights down to 500 now :mad: what time year and where u flying to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Some great prices on flights in September and October from Cork to Europe.
    Just booked 2 flights to Barcelona for 180 total inc creditcard fee,was 320 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Too bad it's not during August! I need cheap flights for Barcelona!
    Just booked 2 flights to Barcelona for 180 total inc creditcard fee,was 320 last week.

That's a great price. I'm getting €408 for 2 people to Barcelona at the start of August! Thats outrageous! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sambora wrote: »
    Too bad it's not during August! I need cheap flights for Barcelona!

That's a great price. I'm getting €408 for 2 people to Barcelona at the start of August! Thats outrageous! lol

What about Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

What about them!
    Ryanair can often be much more expensive than Aer Lingus once you add in all their outrageous extra charges and remember Aer Lingus allow 20kg on hold luggage whereas Ryanair allow(surprise surprise) only 15 kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

This really isnt a bargain... by the time you book your tickets, they will prob be on strike again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../........................................................,}
    ................./..................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.......................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Access wrote: »
    This really isnt a bargain... by the time you book your tickets, they will prob be on strike again!

Please don't tempt fate Access - I'm flying with AL on Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ryanair are considerably, and consistently, cheaper than Aer Lingus on most short haul European routes. Yet, I never see any Ryanair threads on Bargain Alerts.

You can get to London and Paris etc. for €20-30 return on some dates, these prices wipe the floor with anything Aer Lingus can offer tbh.

Why some people persist with the AL championing is beyond me, maybe it's some misplaced sense of loyalty to the once-decent flag carrier. There's also the aforementioned strike threat, which is very real and very relevant.

I'm not a support of all things Ryanair, quite the opposite in fact, but you have to give them some credit even begrudgingly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Peckerhead

Whats the problem? All I done was post about the sale mostly to inform people about flights to the USA not Europe seeing as it's fairly cheap. It's other people's choices who they want to fly with not my fault their starting to complain on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Savman wrote: »
    Ryanair are considerably, and consistently, cheaper than Aer Lingus on most short haul European routes. Yet, I never see any Ryanair threads on Bargain Alerts.

You can get to London and Paris etc. for €20-30 return on some dates, these prices wipe the floor with anything Aer Lingus can offer tbh.

Why some people persist with the AL championing is beyond me, maybe it's some misplaced sense of loyalty to the once-decent flag carrier. There's also the aforementioned strike threat, which is very real and very relevant.

I'm not a support of all things Ryanair, quite the opposite in fact, but you have to give them some credit even begrudgingly so.

You've been posting on boards since 2005 and never seen a Ryanair thread on Bargain Alerts? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

ENMcD wrote: »
    Peckerhead

Whats the problem?
    The facepalm was in response to Access' bit about "they'll be on strike", not your OP...

Sorry Access! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

ANYONE get the 229 euro flight too new york. I'm getting them for over 1000 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Savman wrote: »

Having flown to Beauvais with Ryanair recently (I refuse to call it Paris) I can vouch for the people who prefer to travel AL over Ryanair.

I have always been a fan of Ryanair and used them regularly, but how they are getting away with Beauvais is beyone me.

It is like flying into central africa, the carpark is a grass field, there are no facilities, I saw a person attempt to steal another persons handbag just outside the terminal (he was subsequently removed by security, but still), half of the departure area is a marquee.

By all means save your few euro flying into beauvais, but be prepared for a horrific experience of queues, being in a room with 300 people that is suitable for about 100, no facilities, a €15 hour long bus journey into paris, a fear of being robbed/mugged, a delapidated terminal and absolutely nothing to do while you are waiting for your flight... if thats what a couple of euro is worth to you...

I vowed never to do it again, and I am a student!!

Has anyone benefited from this sale yet and is it only on USA routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cena wrote: »
    ANYONE get the 229 euro flight too new york. I'm getting them for over 1000 euro

i picked 2 dates in november and got €230-ish each way. not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Having flown to Beauvais with Ryanair recently (I refuse to call it Paris) I can vouch for the people who prefer to travel AL over Ryanair.

I have always been a fan of Ryanair and used them regularly, but how they are getting away with Beauvais is beyone me.

It is like flying into central africa, the carpark is a grass field, there are no facilities, I saw a person attempt to steal another persons handbag just outside the terminal (he was subsequently removed by security, but still), half of the departure area is a marquee.

By all means save your few euro flying into beauvais, but be prepared for a horrific experience of queues, being in a room with 300 people that is suitable for about 100, no facilities, a €15 hour long bus journey into paris, a fear of being robbed/mugged, a delapidated terminal and absolutely nothing to do while you are waiting for your flight... if thats what a couple of euro is worth to you...

I vowed never to do it again, and I am a student!!

Has anyone benefited from this sale yet and is it only on USA routes?

That marquee is there at least seven years now. It's a disgrace. Hour long bus journey?!?!? What secret magic express bus service did you come across?? :D If it's Paris you're going to, it's Aer Lingus all the way!! Ryanair don't fly to Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

number10a wrote: »
    That marquee is there at least seven years now. It's a disgrace. Hour long bus journey?!?!? What secret magic express bus service did you come across?? :D If it's Paris you're going to, it's Aer Lingus all the way!! Ryanair don't fly to Paris.
    i do hate Beauvais too and will never fly OUT of their but i do fly in!!! All you do then is get off the plane and pass through security and then hop on a bus. The bus only takes 1.20mins or so! not too bad really. Takes a good while to get from CDG too you know!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

adamski8 wrote: »
    i do hate Beauvais too and will never fly OUT of their but i do fly in!!! All you do then is get off the plane and pass through security and then hop on a bus. The bus only takes 1.20mins or so! not too bad really. Takes a good while to get from CDG too you know!!!

Thats a good idea actually. Must look into that next time I am heading to Paris.

Have to admit, the bus service is very efficient and drops you off at porte maillot, which is pretty handy. Everything else is a disaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

adamski8 wrote: »
    number10a wrote: »

It takes about 30 mins on the RER to central Paris. Cityjet are my usual airline of choice for going Dublin to Paris.

Advertisement