Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a fat girl?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I recently met a woman that I used to be really attracted to. As she is single again, I would like to ask her out. I used to fantasise about her, so did most guys that I knew. She was stunning, sexy and elegant. Funny and intelligent too. Ten years on and she weighs about 18 stone. I suppose I did notice but am still star struck by her so saw past the weight gain. A friend laughed and said everyone will call me Shallow Hall if I date her. Am I mad? Would any of you go out with a fat girl?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Gonna be honest, don't care if I'm slated, I would not date an obese girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Am I mad?

in answer to your question, i suspect so. but for reasons unrelated to your dating a 'fat girl'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

so saw past the weight gain.

More power to you. I wish I could do that. If you like her go for it. Damned if a few immature pricks have nothing better to do than make fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

If I was attracted to her, yes. I think some heavier girls are attractive but I am not talking about huge amounts of weight here!

OP -- Who cares what your mates say! If you find her mentally engaging and enjoy her company then by all means date the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

If she had a pretty face... probably. Depends though, some people are fat (certainly not skinny myself) but healthy enough, others are so hyper obese that just sitting and breathing is a struggle. The latter extreme probably no. It's all about the pretty face though, some girls get even cuter with some weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

^^^^^^^^ What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

She still has a beautiful face and oozes sexual confidence while seeming always just out of reach. We used to call her the Siren. She has developed a double chin though and has lost her figure completely. Nice breasts though. She even made a joke about her weight to me, but I didn't know what to say..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You are clearly attracted to her, so it seems you would date her if left to your own devices but you are clearly seeking some approval before you go ahead and ask her out. it seems you need the go ahead form guys to let you know it's not pathetic to go out with a fat girl.

From your description of her ( pretty, funny, intelligent, oozing sexual confidence and mystique) she can do way better than someone with no confidence in their own desires and more than likely will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Not a hope in hell, if I make an effort to stay in shape then so should any girl I go out with.

Go for it though if you like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

Same here. Though I say that only because I've never been in any way attracted to any. If at some point I met someone who was fat and still attractive to me then I'd have no problem.

I laugh when someone says I'm a hypocrite since I'm a lardarse myself but if I only found things attractive that also apply to me than I'd be gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I would not start out with the intention of going out with a fat girl, but if I am with a girl and she gets fat while I am going out with her I wouldnt break up with her for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

If you like her then go for it. Are you gonna let your friends opinions shape your relationships ? Because thats what your doing. If your attracted to her then obviously her weight doesnt matter to ya so go for it and ignore the jibes, she probably doesnt deserve to have her love life classed as "Would you date a fat chick" either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Really?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement