Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 5100 can anyone help

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭

This was my first laptop - it means more to me than my first car!! (I know I should have looked after it better but I had it for so long I felt invincable). Anyway when I tried to boot up a few weeks ago a message came up

"Windows 200 could not start because the for file is missing or corrupt\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMcad start up options for Windows 2000, press F8.

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows 2000
    Setup using the original Setup floppy disk or CD-ROM.
    Select `r` at the first screen to start repair."

I don't have the original floppy or CD-ROM. What can I do.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my long winded problem. Sorry if I have bored you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

cofy wrote: »
    This was my first laptop - it means more to me than my first car!! (I know I should have looked after it better but I had it for so long I felt invincable). Anyway when I tried to boot up a few weeks ago a message came up

"Windows 200 could not start because the for file is missing or corrupt\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMcad start up options for Windows 2000, press F8.

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows 2000
    Setup using the original Setup floppy disk or CD-ROM.
    Select `r` at the first screen to start repair."

I don't have the original floppy or CD-ROM. What can I do.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my long winded problem. Sorry if I have bored you.

I can let you have a copy of Win2000. But you will have to use your own serial key!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    I can let you have a copy of Win2000. But you will have to use your own serial key!

You are an absolute star. Thank you that would be great. How do we go about this? And thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

cofy wrote: »
    PapaQuebec wrote: »

You are an absolute star. Thank you that would be great. How do we go about this? And thank you, thank you, thank you.

PM me your details.

Advertisement