Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doherty qualifies for Oz

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Ken Doherty tonight qualified for the final stages of the Goldfields Austrailian Open.
    However Fergal O'Brien lost his final qualifier and he along with crowd favourite Jimmy White will not be making the long journey to Melbourne.
    Steve Davis withdrew earlier due to personal reasons.

On a different note, there was some controversy earlier today at the qualifiers when Rory McLeod refused to shake the chinese female referees hand after his final qualifying round win, he explained his reason was due to his Muslim beliefs.
    I'm sure we'll be hearing more of this again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Crikey Doc has won a match:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

zack01 wrote: »
    Ken Doherty tonight qualified for the final stages of the Goldfields Austrailian Open.
    However Fergal O'Brien lost his final qualifier and he along with crowd favourite Jimmy White will not be making the long journey to Melbourne.

On a different note, there was some controversy earlier today at the qualifiers when Rory McLeod refused to shake the chinese female referees hand after his final qualifying round win, he explained his reason was due to his Muslim beliefs.
    Surprised by McLeod, surely this would have come up before with Michaela Tabb at some point?

Fair play to Ken though, the new club is working wonders already!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Daddio wrote: »
    zack01 wrote: »

Surprised by McLeod, surely this would have come up before with Michaela Tabb at some point?

Fair play to Ken though, the new club is working wonders already!

It has come up before with Michaela Tabb, as far as I know they have an arrangement where they just nod to each other.

Advertisement