Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Dust

Options
  • 30-06-2011 11:21pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a preview over on Eurogamer about this game coming out later this month.

Sounds like it could be interesting. Have been few decent 'God' games of late.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-30-from-dust-preview
    Your people are in need of a saviour and the peril in which they live provides the sense of keen urgency that gives the game edge and bite. But the secondary work of rejuvenating the islands, sprinkling sand over rock to facilitate the spread of life is a pleasant, calming pursuit. The rhythm of save and build is mesmerising and for the first time in a long time, makes god’s work seem appealing. As such, this is a second coming that all can anticipate eagerly.

Out July 27th according to the site. Came out of nowhere for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Can't wait to play this later.

Its rare that I purchase a game at 1200msp, but if the trial hooks me I will splash out on this one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yep. Will be getting this. Started Bastion last night so I'm going to gun through that like a demon so I can play this - otherwise I'd never go back to Bastion.

Bastion didn't do it for me.

Not the best Summer of Arcade, as From Dust and Toy Soldiers is all that I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just a heads up for anyone with a US account with points on it

Taken from True achievements http://www.trueachievements.com/n4741/buy-from-dust--recieve-the-maw-free-us-only.htm
    This week sees the release of the second XBLA game from the Summer of Arcade lineup, From Dust. Just like the deal from last week, US gamers who purchase the Arcade title through the Microsoft Store will receive a free copy of The Maw.

From Dust was made available today and even comes with its own launch trailer, and a price tag of 1200 MSP.

The Maw is normally set at 800 MSP. For anyone who missed out on the deal last time or is still yet to purchase this week's Summer of Arcade title, then this arcade title will be free! I will take this chance to remind people again that The Maw comes with three separate DLC packs, all set at 100 MSP each. Each DLC pack contains a single achievement, taking the gamerscore total for this game to 250G.

If this free-game trend continues, then this deal should last until August 3rd or possibly continue on for the next Summer of Arcade entry, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. It would be pretty cool if they changed the free game this time around though, right?

Why do they only run these promos for US Only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Think im gonna be waiting for this to hit steam, tried the demo and am willing to wait and spend the extra 2 euro to play with a mouse

• Advertisement

Well, the little bit of it I played last night, I enjoyed. Looking forward to getting stuck into it later.

Kinda reminds me of Black & White, but without the monsters obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Wasn't sure if I was going to splurge the 1200 for it, but after trying the demo its a definite purchase. Quite a fun game, reminds me of a mix of lemmings, as another poster said already black & white and maybe some populous as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked it, but not sure if I 1200-liked it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Played the demo...it felt a bit lacklustre...pity as i was looking forward to it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,167 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

just had a go of it there, looks interesting. Might fill the Civ Rev shaped hole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Decent xbla game give it a try

I like it.

I find it very hard to put down once I get on it, I've been busy this week and only got 2 briefs goes on it, but it was quite difficult turn it off I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,167 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »
    just had a go of it there, looks interesting. Might fill the Civ Rev shaped hole

Got the full version, pretty unputtdownable. Love the design and look, although I wish you could give a 'dungeon keeper' back hand to your minions when they don't do what you want them to

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

If ya buy it through Machinima ya get a free game of the maw, havent a clue wat it is but they keep advertising it on the website, just a headsup, goes for Bastion as well i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Couldn't get into this game at all. Got 2100 MSpoints, was a hair away from buying it then i thought "i'll get the trial first".. Glad I never purchased it. Found it boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Enjoying it but will play a lot better with the Move on Ps3 as the controller is a bit fiddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The EDGE review seems very encouraging:
    http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/dust-review

I loved all those old god-games like Populous and Megalomania.
    Hopefully it will make it on to PSN sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Finished this yesterday,
    The last level is a sandbox you control earth, lava, water and plants you can build huge volcanoes and create tsunamis muhahahahha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

just done plant the last item on the last level, all my work recreating Ireland

Advertisement