Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which insurance for lab pup?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

So the lab pupping I mentioned in this forum before is absolutely flying. She's the funniest little thing, it's a genuine joy to see her learn new things, to see her reaction to everything and the mischievious personality is hilarious! Then she takes you by surprise by giving you a little kiss in between the puppy barking and playing! By the way, I reread my thread and realised that I said she was 11 weeks - that was a mistake, she's actually 9 weeks at he moment!

So, anyway... I want to get her insured. I looked up 123.ie and got a quote for what I think was everything and it was €200 odd for the year. I was wondering if it's worth going to the likes of Allianz and petplan? Any tips would be great? Is it a case that I just sign up to the plan or does the dog need to be ok'd by a vet? A doggy medical :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No harm ringing around to see who gives the best value for you.
    Check the excess you have to pay, whether your vet charges them directly and you just pay the excess or if you pay the full amount and get the refund of the balance back from the insurance company.
    Check what they cover, what they don't cover etc. If you're getting insurance I'd get it done asap before any potential issues crop up in the puppy as they won't be covered if they're known to be a pre-existing condition. You might have a vet report or something from when you got the puppy? You'll have to be going to the vet for vaccinations anyway so you could always ask for a quick once over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you're heading to the vets soon they might have a card/voucher that gets you a few months free ;) We're with Allianz and our vet does direct claim so I just have to pay the excess and the vet claims the rest back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 annandpeter

After a lot of research we went with Allianz. Their policy seemed the easiest to understand. Also you are pretty well covered. Helpful too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We went with Allianz too

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Thanks for the replies, appreciated.

We did get a little card thingy for Allianz so I'll look at them first.

She is due her vaccinations in a couple of days so I'll mention it to the vet and see what way the excess works.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement