Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grooming tools

Options
  • 30-06-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hiya Guys, can anyone recommend to me a good brush or grooming tool for my Rhodesian Ridgeback? Any other Ridgeback owners, what do you use? Or those of you whose dogs would have similar type coats to the Ridgeback, suggestions?
    Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I dont own a ridgeback but i do know their coat is very short so not sure if a brush would work on them on not.

Maybe get one of those mitt type things so you can rub or brush the coat with? Some of the mitts have a shortish brush on one side a shammy type on the other which will keep the coat nice and shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

boar birstle brush and a rubber curry brush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Amanda hickey

hi shane, amanda here, a shredding blade is wot u need it looks a bit scarey but ur dog will enjoy it. Wear old clothes as alot of dead hair will come away advice do it outside and give the birds some hair to build their nests with.
    Hope this helps you will get this tool in your local pet shop also a furminator tool will do the trick but thats more expensive than the shredding bade.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Thanks Amanda, do you have a Ridge back?

ive tried using the rubber curry mit, but she's not fond of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Amanda hickey

No dont have a ridge but im a groomer yeah a rubber curry wud do but if he does not like it I wreckon he'l like the shredding blade my lab loves it I recomend it for smooth coats works every time.
    Let us know if it works out for you.
    Amanda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

ya can pick up a shedding blade for around 10 euro at zooplus but if he does not like the rubber curry then he probably wont like the shedding blade as it does pull on living hair also have you tried a slicker??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nollipop

The rubber brush that we use for our greyhound is really effective and makes his coat all shiny.

Its a big pink rubber thing called "Zoom Groom" and looks like it wouldn't do much, but we tried it in the shop and half a greyhound fell off. :D

Advertisement