Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space .....

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Question : who here rent's their studio space (from a landlord)?
    Been thinking about moving from my current "end of the garden" setup to a larger space maybe with one or two others ..... and was wondering what pit falls to look out for when choosing a place.
    Acoustical treatment, wall construction, wiring etc would be planned into an existing space.

Cheers

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

I rent a space. Works well for me.

The only downside is, every day you don't have a job on, the space is costing you. Working from home has less financial pressure attached.

The three most important things to look for are a flexible & understanding landlord (some mightn't like seeing their property covered in acoustic panels), A quiet spot where you're disturbing nobody & nobody is disturbing you & a secure lockup.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

You can also get stung by rates, so enquire about that before signing anything.

As sonas said also check if you can make alterations to the place and make sure you aren't gonna have a neighbour complaining about noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I'm renting what was an old radio station. Isolation is quite good.
    I got Munro Acoustics to design me acoustics for the space.

Being a radio station the Landlord was perhaps more accommodating than many as he'd some clue to what those funny music types might be at.

It's a base for whatever job I might be doing - I've had the 'home' home studio before- there is value to me in not working at home.

Advertisement