Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fringe - Season 4 news *spoilers*

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Lets get the ball rolling! :D

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s118/fringe/news/a327630/fringe-john-noble-new-season-could-be-restart.html

Fringe star John Noble has responded to comments suggesting that the show's fourth season will be a "restart".

Showrunners Jeff Pinkner and Joel Wyman recently claimed that the season premiere will be "like a new pilot" for a first-time audience.

Noble, who plays Walter Bishop on the sci-fi drama, told Blastr: "We have a mythology now that needs to be unraveled a little bit for new viewers. I defy people to come in at the end of season three and understand [what's going on]. They might find it really interesting, but to understand it might be hard."

The actor added that the Fringe writing team might "give [the show] a restart" following the disappearance of Peter (Joshua Jackson).

"We need to unravel some of that mythology a bit, and I think that might be what they mean," he suggested. "Give it a restart, from the same place, but for example without Peter."

Noble claimed that the new season could examine familiar events "from a slightly different angle".

"We have to retell some of the story," he argued. "I'm sure that [the writers] mean retelling the story again, but from a slightly different angle. I'll wait and see when I get the first script."

Fringe will return to Fridays at 9/8c on Fox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

They keep saying without Peter... but I mean... why!?

I doubt they're going to actually lose the Peter character completely, he's really necessary for the balance of the show IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think it has been confirmed that he will be back in it, but I'm guessing it might take a few episodes. The first few episodes will probably involve both universes working together under Liberty Island, and as they're doing it they'll recap on the story. This will be good for new viewers to get caught up, and for existing viewers to see how the story played out without Peter in it. As it progresses I'm sure one or both of the Olivias will start having memories/flashbacks of Peter and the season will become about getting him back and hopefully learning much more about the observers.

edit: actually what'll probably happen is that the Walters will realise that the new timeline is inconsistent in some way and that it must have been interfered with. They'll concoct some kind of machine and or cocktail of drugs that'll let Olivia see the timeline with Peter in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

From http://www.fringebloggers.com/

Producers are casting a new recurring female character. Actresses should be Asian and between the age of 25 and 50.

Michelle Krusiec has joined the fourth season of Fringe in a recurring role.

John Noble says the reset button has been pushed following the dramatic events of last season, and claims Season 4 will begin with a 9 episode story arc.

“All I know is that [the show] will do a reset, and that [the writers] are really excited. I know that they have about nine episodes in a sort of package [to begin the season].”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

Oooh, has the new season started yet?

No, these shows typically start in September in the US.

http://www.fringebloggers.com/
    Speaking at Friday’s FOX television critics association tour, entertainment president Kevin Reilly said that he doesn’t expect the Fringe ratings to increase next season. However, he did set the show a positively wrapped target.

“I don’t expect Fringe to grow.It’s a pretty complex show. If Fringe can do exactly what Fringe did last year, we’re going to be very happy. They’re right in the pocket creatively once again.”

[After all, one of the perks of being a network that thrives on the monster success of American Idol] “is that you can support creative shows that deserve to be on the air.”

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Meh not that great imho, no offence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wait, season 4 and they expect people who ain't watched from the beginning to pick it up and "Increase" ratings , while they expect those who have watched from the start to stick around while they write themselves out of the plot holes they wrote themselves into not once but twice now, (they have asked us to forget an awful lot now to be fair). It's the xfiles all over again :D

Seriously though, they have exactly 4 episodes or I'm done.My attention span grows shorter with age don't they know :mad:

A 9 ep arc to fix the holes last season left they couldn't write their way out of is bollox , Fringe is "Lost" ;)

calex71 wrote: »
    Seriously though, they have exactly 4 episodes or I'm done.My attention span grows shorter with age don't they know :mad:
    )

No they don't know that! when Peter disappeared from time, he took that knowledge with him.....wait, who's this Peter geezer...?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just one week after Peter Bishop saved the day and was then wiped from existence, the truce between the two worlds remains intact and the two sides are forced to work together. Lincoln Lee joins the Fringe team as they investigate a shapeshifter case that is very personal to him in the “Neither Here Nor There” season premiere episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR 4.01) (TV-14 L, V)

fringes4newbegsma.jpg

fringe401_2.jpg

More pics here More of Lee, and Astrid in the field, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭angie16ab

cannot wait 4 this to start! by far my favourite show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 KidMonT

So are they rebooting the whole show from the beginning or what? I'm so confused! I'm hoping they aren't getting rid of Peter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

KidMonT wrote: »
    So are they rebooting the whole show from the beginning or what? I'm so confused! I'm hoping they aren't getting rid of Peter.
    I don't think so, all of the previews seem to focus primarily on Peter so I think that finding him is going to be the main season arc. I think the talk of rebooting is just marketing speak for making it easier for newcomers to the show to get into it, and it won't seem like that to people who are already following it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 KidMonT

stevenmu wrote: »
    I don't think so, all of the previews seem to focus primarily on Peter so I think that finding him is going to be the main season arc. I think the talk of rebooting is just marketing speak for making it easier for newcomers to the show to get into it, and it won't seem like that to people who are already following it.

Ah ok thanks.

• Advertisement

so excited for this :) really hope it doesnt take long for them to find peter, hes my favourite character! so does this mean that fauxlivia hasnt had a baby? and how did all this trouble with the other side begin because wasnt the reason it all started because walter stole peter from the other side??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailer..... looks damn good. I love the way they're working Peter Bishop into this.
    One week to go.

:eek: looks brill, i cant wait!! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

One week to go .....:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Forgot all about the new season of this. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

When is season 4 being aired in Ireland/UK?

Next Wednesday on Sky One (just daaaaays after the staaates)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Mr E wrote: »
    Next Wednesday on Sky One (just daaaaays after the staaates)

Where do you find out these things?

Saw an ad for it this morning just before coming into this thread. :)

• Advertisement

sweet! really hope it doesnt take too long to get peter bishop back, i think he carries the show! love his relationships with walter n olivia!

Advertisement