Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to use germaline on a cat?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

One of my cats has a cut on the back of her neck. It's not deep but I'm concerned it might get infected. Would a small bit of germaline be ok to use on her seeing as its on the back of her neck where she can't lick it off etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I've used it before, I said it to vet the last time i was in and they said its fine. If its a bite thought your wasting your time it will get infected but if its just a little cut then it might help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

If your close to a vet drop down and get pink solution. U dont need an pet with you to get it.

Every pet owner should have a bottle of this in there home..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Honey or waleda nappy cream is good too if it's not a very bad cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Justask wrote: »
    pink solution...:)
    Hibiscrub ;)

anniehoo wrote: »

Always known it as the pink solution :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Don't know about germoline but savlon is definitely toxic to cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I'm actually bringing the pup to the vet tomorrow anyways so I will ask about the Hibiscrub/pink solution. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I use savlon on my dog! If that's any helpp!
    She has an iffy stomach and it never makes her sick when she licks it off!!!

boomerang wrote: »
    Don't know about germoline but savlon is definitely toxic to cats.
    I use savlon on my dog! If that's any helpp!
    She has an iffy stomach and it never makes her sick when she licks it off!!!

Might not be a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Savlon? I disinfect toilets and sinks with that stuff, but treating an animals wound? Never ever.

Hibiscrub is grand though, I got it a few weeks ago from my vet, when my cat walked into broken glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Savlon? I disinfect toilets and sinks with that stuff, but treating an animals wound? Never ever.

There is a savlon antiseptic cream,if people are using it I'd say thats what they are using. I wonder what in it is toxic?

So the vet said they use the hibiscrub themselves but they don't sell it.:( Will check the pharmacy tomorrow.

So the vet said they use the hibiscrub themselves but they don't sell it.:( Will check the pharmacy tomorrow.

Really :confused: What part of the country are you in?

Surely he could of given you some from his supply. most vet stock it so I wouldnt say you will have trouble getting some.

Hope his neck is ok now :)

Justask wrote: »
    Really :confused: What part of the country are you in?

Surely he could of given you some from his supply. most vet stock it so I wouldnt say you will have trouble getting some.

Hope his neck is ok now :)

Its ok thanks just treating it with salt water for now. :)

The receptionist looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about it. She said that's what they used all right but she definatly didn't look like the type to offer any free samples!:rolleyes: I'm from Laois.

Advertisement