Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen show?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Got a few lads at the club who are teen. When Barry was doing his show we thought it was a great way to bring them through but that avenue might not be there anymore (maybe I'm wrong).

Not sure we want to put them out in front of a large crowd with head shots before they have a bit more experience.

Should we be doing something as a community to bring these lads on as they will be the future of our sport.

Now I'm not talking league fights with no head shots I mean fights with head shots where they stand the chance of being knocked out

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Hey Jason,

I plan to do the IACC again, however with the gym move and all that went with it I haven't had the time to dedicate to it. I have a venue sorted and I am going to do it around mid November. I hope that's not too long to wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Barry, thats great man. Will let the lads know.

It's good to have something for them to strive to otherwise they might get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Interclubs. Get in contact with clubs close to you with lads of similar age and skill and invite them around to the gym one Sunday. Match them up and keep a close eye. No one in but family and team mates. This dosnt need to be exclusivly for teens tho. Anyone can do it.

Advertisement