Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mazda 3 faults

Options
  • 30-06-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi on my mazda 3. 04 1.6 petrol when u get out of the car the sensor that buzzes to tell u your light are on is going off ...but of course the lights are not on,a guy told me it might be the door switch can any1 direst me where to buy and fit myself this switch .(diy job) also the engine managament light keeps goin on and off... not to bothered bout that think thats the sensor and i konw that sensor cost 200 bucks..... anyway any help on the door would be great ......cheers in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Moved form the Golf forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it always going off when you open the door? Can you press it with your finger? Can you duct tape it closed and the alarm will stay off?
    Just trying to discern whether it's the switch or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Are you sure that buzzer doesn't have two functions? (for instance, key left in the ignition). Or could it be related to the engine management light? Maybe it's not actually the management light but a warning light for something like low oil or coolant. This is just me speculating, it's probably time to look at the driver's handbook.

Biko's simple test is spot on, just press the plunger of the switch in the door frame and see if the buzzer stops.

BTW if it was my car I would be more worried about the light than the buzzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dfall

there is no plunger that i can see...just checked ..coolant is low oil is fine ..the guy in joe duffys said it was a dodgy sensor that being the reason for the engine management light being on.
    ohh and i cant find the door plunger there is none

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dfall

sorry forgot to say ...yes its always going off when the door is open and not when its closed ...also the dash lights are on too ...but there not turned on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look where the door latch is - there's usually a switch "hidden" there, for interior lighting etc.
    Sometimes the switch can be in the door part of the lock

door_latch_reset.jpg

Sometimes the lock rod gets a little worn. Try wrapping it in one or two layers of electrical tape. This is the rod on the car side, not the door side, if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

did u change the interior light bulb ? remove it and see if anything happens.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Breoithepaul

Hi just seen this not sure if you got sorted. I had the same problem informed by Mazda dealer in Tullamore that it's due to blown bulb in glove box. Replaced and sorted.

Advertisement