Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Old Computer Hardware

Options
  • 30-06-2011 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,
    I have a number of old desktop pcs, laptops, monitors and printers. Some are still in working order but we have to remove the hard drives for security reasons. Does anybody know of a place were these can be recycled or reused for a charity maybe. I tried a couple of places but there was a charge with them. Let me know if you know anywhere free of charge.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Camara would make good use of them . There's no mention on their website of there being any charge so worth giving them a call at least .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stuartmaclean

Thats who i tried already but thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Thats who i tried already but thanks for your reply.

You'd have no trouble getting rid of the majority of stuff on adverts.ie but it can be a nightmare trying to arrange collection if there are a lot of people involved . Cant think of any other way of getting rid of them cheaply .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

You could also put them on Jumbletown.ie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

How about the local councils (corpo)bring center €3 in get rid of the lot in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Hi
    Where are you located?
    If you have no luck donating these to a worthy cause and still want shot of them I would be happy to take them off your hands.
    Am doing some Mcps online and need a few old machines for a lab setup.
    Am happy to offer IT/WEB services in return if location mutually suitable.
    PM me if interested

Advertisement