Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10" Android 2.2 Pad for €20 delivered!

Options
  • 30-06-2011 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi
    Here's an Android 2.2 Pad I found on ebay last night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120743506241

Definitely to be approached with caution. After a beer or three I bought one with Paypal figuring I'd get me money back if (when) this goes wrong. As of this morning my payment still had'nt been collected by the vendor.
    As of the time of posting 43 sold and 7 available.
    Doesn't seem to be the usual link to where you can get info as to WHERE you can get one for the price, seems to be an actual product. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Seller with absolutely no feedback. Seems totally legit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

EliKoenig wrote: »
    I'd get me money back if (when) this goes wrong.
    Edited for realism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EliKoenig

Edited for realism.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Its very easy for Sellers to scam you on eBay.

All they have to do is send you something in the post that needs to be signed for e.g a small jiffy bag with a trinket in it. You then open a dispute with Paypal and you will be told to send back said trinket with proof of delivery.

As the cost of postage will be almost as expensive as the amount of your claim its not really worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

ebay rule #1: if it's too good to be true, it's probably not true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

brightkane wrote: »

probably an attempt to cover his losses on the tablet !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

PCPhoto wrote: »
    probably an attempt to cover his losses on the tablet !

Its a bold strategy. Lets see if it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

brightkane wrote: »
    Its the oldest scam in the book, Sell a new Android tablet at a 90% discount and then charge 4 grand for delivery for the all important earphones that go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EliKoenig

podge3 wrote: »

All they have to do is send you something in the post that needs to be signed for e.g a small jiffy bag with a trinket in it. You then open a dispute with Paypal and you will be told to send back said trinket with proof of delivery.

As the cost of postage will be almost as expensive as the amount of your claim its not really worth while.

Totally agree. Thats why I never buy anything from anybody without at least 99% positive feedback and a lot of sales.
    Also if I buy something from China it's never for a high value so if it's broken or breaks I put it down to bad luck (or from buying cheap crap from China :D)

On the other hand this Android Pad (all sold now after a quick flurry of activity ater I posted) seems to be from the UK. This is just a strange sale. There is a chance the seller got a decimal point in the wrong place and will find out when he next logs on :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

podge3 wrote: »

Actually never knew that part before, that if the item isn't as described the BUYER is still responsible for the cost of sending the item back and isn't covered by the ebay buyer protection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Jaysus I don't know. Seems legit to me.

I mean he uses different colour fonts in the description and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

EliKoenig wrote: »
    After a beer or three I bought one with Paypal figuring I'd get me money back if (when) this goes wrong. As of this morning my payment still had'nt been collected by the vendor.

No you won't, Paypal only takes the money out of the sellers account to refund, if the seller has the money cleared out there's nothing to refund back.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Lads, this is more than just an ordinary tablet - look at the description

Special Function: Gravity inducer

must be hot off the ISS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sure, seems totally legit!

scampic.jpg

* cough *

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement