Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood pellet stove

Options
  • 29-06-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi -
    I am thinking of investing in a wood pellet room stove to heat a 50 m/3 north facing sitting room. The house was built in 1970's and we are in the process of getting new windows and getting the cavities pumped. We have oil heating but this room is particularily cool and damp. A stand alone heater/stove is appealing as the room could be heated without turning on the heating in the whole house. - e.g. these days (even though its summer !!!) that particular room is nippy while the rest of the house is grand.

However the prices of these stoves are well steep. Does anybody know who does the best deals on these type of stoves or whether it would be possible to import one myself. I have seen an italian company selling them at about 60% of prices here. Any suggestions most welcome - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭zoom_cool

I got one cheap enough €750 for 10kw if you want to PM me for details I can provide :)

Advertisement