Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fish tank light not working right

Options
  • 29-06-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

i came in tonight and found my fish tank light not working right,it was flashing of and on.i went to my local pet shop and got a starter motor for it as i thought the floresenet bulb was working.tried the new starter motor and its still the same flashing on and of although if i take starter motor out the bulb stays on constant.any ideas as to what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A flashing tube normally means the starter is gone. Did you get the exact same starter? It might be an idea to get another tube to rule a faulty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

the starter was a different make but the wattage was the same,i must try and get a different one somewhere else.i thiught the fact that the bulb worked when the starter was taken out must mean that the bulb was ok perhaps not:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How'd you get on OP? did you get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

no still not sorted was away for the w/e ,must look at it again this week.

Advertisement